For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
magruen's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 9:49 PM

Direct Download of Parental Controls

I'm hoping someone can help me, because AT&T Online Chat has once again, proven itself COMPLETELY USELESS.

I'm trying to download Internet Parental Controls.

if I'm using internet Explorer, I can only get as far as:

http://www.att.net/parentalcontrols

Then when I lick on Download Now, I get that the page cannot be displayed.

If I'm using Google Chrome, I can click on that page and get to:

http://www.att.net/s/s.dll?spage=pc/PCWelcome.htm&pt=1

Which has the Terms & Conditions.  When when I agree to the terms, the button never comes up to download.

I do have "Sorry.  Parental Controls is no longer supported on Windows 95, 98, ME or NT.  Please see the System Requirements to see what systems are supported."

Except I'm using Windows 8!

I've been dealing with this for months now.  I've contacted AT&T muliple times, and each time their responses show that they don't read what the customer has told them.

I'm hoping there is a direct link where I can download this, hopefully?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, magruen!

Thanks for posting. Are you still having difficulty downloading Parental Controls? If so, please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Obviously the ATT manager just did a CAN copy and paste response to what should have been a simple fix.  Like all she had to say was:

"Thanks for the feedback, I have issued a request asking our IT Department to fix the download link to Parental Controls.  In the mean-time, please use the following link to the download."

But that would have been too simple I guess.  Job security!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Ms. Marinara,

I got the same issue that the person mention.

I use Chrome, I click Download now and click the Accept button but the download never start.

There must be a direct link.

If you have the link please give that to us otherwise DONOT need to reply.

The request is simple.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

There is NO AT&T Parental Control support for Windows 10 or 8. It's 2017. I talked to multiple agents today who told either urged me to buy their premium technical support or had no solution. It wasn't until I got on an online chat that the representative directly told me, "AT&T Parental Controls will not support Windows 10." The program only will support Windows 7, XP, Windows 2000 or Vista, which is why you cannot download it. The agent did tell me they are trying to extend support, but it may take an indefinite amount of time.

Here is the link to the page which explains this information: 

Learn about AT&T Internet Parental Controls

AT&T, does, however, offer free antivirus through McAfee which does have a parental controls option (free for U-Verse Customers Only (I think)). I'll admit, it's a little scary knowing AT&T may have information about my computer, but it may be the best viable option until they add Windows 10/8 Support. You can also use the Family Planning feature on Windows 10/8  to set up a child's account if that fits your needs.  Settings App>Accounts>Family and Other People.(Microsoft Account Options) You can also try third-party services but do your research first.

Here is the link for that: AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee

PLEASE GET ON IT AT&T! There are millions of Windows 10/8 Users left unprotected and this is a serious problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I cannot believe that this link for "Parental Controls" has being broken since 2015,,,!

Regarles of the Operation system, the link itself to download the application does NOT work,,

I cannot believe either that AtnT cannot provide something even inside their routers to have control of your network.

I already asked 3-4 times about blocking a device from my network and they don't have anythng for this. They said It could be done from the Smart Home Manager, but that feature it's useless, it doesn't do that.

Even if I try from the router to MAC Filter, still cannot do it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.