Protect yourself online
Dudule3065's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:02 PM

Can't Get Email: Changed AT&T PW, Changed Email Client PW, Cannot Get Email

(Running Latest Thunderbird on Latest W10) I changed my AT&T PW. No problem signing in to AT&T or accessing my email directly on AT&T/Yahoo. I then changed my AT&T PW on Thunderbird. But now Thunderbird cannot get AT&T/Yahoo email. Instead I'm continually notified that there's a "server problem." The exact message is as follows: "Sending of password for user xyz did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later." I've checked and triple checked my new PW as entered into Thunderbird. It is correct. It is the same as the new AT&T password. Since I couldn't get my AT&T email, I changed the new password back to the old password. Still couldn't get the AT&T email. Still got the same message. What should I do?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This is a follow-up from the IP: I noticed that on Thunderbird I'm still set up for AT&T/Yahoo Email coming from a POP server. I tried to change that to IMAP but on testing, Thunderbird told me it could not get handshake info from the ISP, soo I didn't try any further. My problem may not be a server designation problem since there was no problem at all before I changed my PW.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Initial Poster: Solved it myself. Server setting error on my part.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.