Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need to update email settings?
C

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 31, 2021 3:56 AM

cannot get into myu bellsouth.net emails

I looked at several others who had the same issue, I tried everything. I need help Capitol One my credit card & credit monitor provider sent me a certified letter that my email at Bellsouth.net had been found on the dark web and that my information is out there. How could AT&T let this happen? I will be filing a dispute with the FCC and others..  However, I need to resolve this matter ASAP. I have been using Bellsouth.net for over 30 years.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.2K Messages

Il y a 5 m

There are many security breaches that could have been the source.

There's a website that collects all of the data from these breaches and will search for your email address and tell you where it was compromised.  Most times you'll find that it's been compromised by more than one source!

Enter your email on this site and see what they say.....

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

If I had to guess, I'd put money on it being one of the big Yahoo data breaches.

The only way to "resolve" something like this is to create a new email account and use that for your contact info for any website or institution that matters.  There's NO way to get your current account out of the lists the Bad Guys have.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.