Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
C

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 15th, 2021 9:33 AM

cannot get 2 bellsouth.net addresses to work in gmail

I have been unable to get 2 of my bellsouth.net mail accounts to fetch mail in Gmail. I am able to successfully check the email on the yahoo site, so therefore I know that my login credentials are not the issue. I have tried the steps outlined below as reflected on the at&t site & in this same forum with regards to the POP3 settings for bellsouth.net.

I am very familiar with setting up POP3 accounts and I am the admin on my network.

The error I receive when I attempt to add a new POP3 account is as follows...There was a problem connecting to inbound.att.net. 

My specs are as follows....I am on a PC, windows 10, and attempting to setup the POP3 info in Gmail

I called At&t customer service and they could not provide me with support or with any additional POP3 server info. They kept insisting on me having to pay $15 monthly with a 1 yr agreement in order to have remote access to my PC and to "clean my computer up". I will not get in to the details of how upset I was after this call. I told the representative that my computer did not need any cleaning up and that all I wanted was to know if the POP3 server info is any different from what is reflected on their site at the following link....This call continued what felt like a endless loop of me asking for POP3 settings and them asking if I wanted to join this premium tech support service for a fee.

https://www.att.com/support/article/

mail-support/KM1010523/

I will paste below the steps I have taken.

Any information or insight is greatly appreciated.

• Go to Settings in your gmail account
  • Select Add a mail account under Accounts
  • Enter Bellsouth.net email
  • Select Import emails from my other accounts
  • The email address is the username and enter your Bellsouth password. Also select Leave a copy of retrieved message on server
  • Enter 995 for the POP server
  • Use port 995
  • Select Always use secure connection
  • Add account, select No on the final screen and click Finish

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.