For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
pdv's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Monday, July 10th, 2017 2:48 PM

Cannot edit sub-accounts

I am not receiving the email for one of my sub-accounts in my inbox on the desktop site for att mail. I can access it on my phone app. When I logged in to try and check all the settings for either of my two sub accounts, I got the following message: 

This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account.

I logged in with my AT&T Access ID to look at the accounts, so I don't understand what this message means. I can access my primary account fine (which is my AT&T Access ID), but cannot make any changes to the sub-accounts. Can anyone help with this issue? Also, I really need to solve the problem with not receiving the one sub-account emails in my inbox - I use both my sub-accounts, so this is a real problem!

Employee

• 

78 Messages

7 years ago

@pdvAwhile back AT&T made the default Access ID for an account without one the same as the ID, so basically your subs are their own Access IDs and you will need to manage them as such, the Master can create the accounts, but to reset the password you have to go to log in on att.com and then click the forgot password flow, it should walk you through the online password reset.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.