Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
skate_nut's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Jul 20, 2019 6:15 AM

Closed

CANNOT CHANGE SUB-ACCOUNT PASSWORD

In my email view that includes my primary account and two sub-accounts the sub-accounts have notes that they are not synching (not for 2 months or more).  I am unable to update them.  I go to https://uversecentral3.att.com/static/interstitialDsl.html?origination_point=yahoo&flow_entry_point=pwd and login using my primary account.  It shows that I have 3 sub-accounts.  However if I attempt to edit any one of them, I receive the following message:  "This subaccount is linked to a user ID. You don't have permission to edit the password."  What???  They should be linked to the account I logged in with.

The only possible problem that I see is that on my email view the first account listed is a sub-account and under it are both my primary account and another sub-account.  It has been this way for years and never had a problem in the past.  Totally frustrated as I have spent hours both on and off the phone trying to get this resolved.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y مضت

I never ever even saw that link before.  Not sure where it talks you.  Try using the https://www.att.com/my/#/login (myAT&T) link to manage your accounts.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y مضت

Thanks for the quick response. 

The link I provided is the page you land on when using your route and you slelct 'Manage Email'.  It acts in the same manner and will not allow changes as it says I am not the owner even though I logged on as with the owner ID.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y مضت

Like I said, never heard of it.  But your myAT&T can be use to manage your accounts, create secure mail keys, change security questions, etc.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y مضت

After much frustration, found out I had to make a change on the Yahoo side in order for that software to pick up the fact that my password had changed on the AT&T side.  Realize that this odd, but it was the only thing that would work.

• 

3 Messages

@skate_nut can you help me? I’m trying to change the password on 2 sub accounts and I’m getting the same message 😔🥺

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

same - and of course there is no support at all when you call them. can you explain the yahoo component? thanks!

stannman_1

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

3 m مضت

I was able to reset my sub account password on the AT&T login page. Instead of logging in with my main account I chose add account. firstname.lastname@sbc... (whatever yours is). I entered forgot password and I was able to reset it and login to my sub-account. It sent a code to my mobile to verify, but your recovery might be different.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.