Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need to update email settings?
donnor's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Apr 25, 2019 2:16 AM

Cannot access my Yahoo email on my Apple Mac. Can on my iPhone.

I cannot access my Yahoo email on my mac computer. What used to work does not now. When I try to log in, I get an ATT log in page. I don't know which ID and password to use but nothing seems to work. However, I do not have any problem accessing my Yahoo email on my iphone like I always have done. I am not asked to supply an ID and password.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3年前

If you have an att email account you should log into att sites.  That would include your myAT&T, the start.att.net home/portal page and/or the att webmail when you click the mail icon in the upper right of start.att.net and didn't log iin on start.att.net.  So if it isn't working try changing your account password (e.g., Forgot ID/Password). as suggested in the announcement to the right of your first post.

sfman2002

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

3年前

Clear your browser cache and it should work. Don't try to change your password. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

All my proxies are off, I had nothing to deselect. The yahoo does not work at all since yesterday. I restarted the MBP, still the same. Gmail works OK. I could open yahoo with Firefox, but not with Safari.

Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I've had the same problem with my att email on my Mac for the past 5 years!  I thought I was the only one!  I contacted Apple about it years ago, but they said it wasn't a problem with my Mac. They suggested I contact att, which I did, but I was told that they couldn't help me as I was no longer their customer.  They wanted me to provide an account name and password, which I didn't have since my family canceled our subscription with them ages ago.  It's so frustrating because my emails keep getting stuck in my outbox and I don't notice them for several days.  Then I have to go back in and use another email address, which I hate doing as I like to keep various emails for various things.  Anyway, if you figure something out, please let me know.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I've had the same problem with my att email on my Mac for the past 5 years!  I thought I was the only one!  I contacted Apple about it years ago, but they said it wasn't a problem with my Mac. They suggested I contact att, which I did, but I was told that they couldn't help me as I was no longer their customer.  They wanted me to provide an account name and password, which I didn't have since my family canceled our subscription with them ages ago.  It's so frustrating because my emails keep getting stuck in my outbox and I don't notice them for several days.  Then I have to go back in and use another email address, which I hate doing as I like to keep various emails for various things.  Anyway, if you figure something out, please let me know.

• 

3 Messages

2年前

4/9/2020: I had this problem today.

Description of problem: [or, just skip to final paragraph for solution option]

I signed into my Yahoo account, which then directed me to my ATT account and I signed in, which then directed me to a security page asking my favorite movie and my first job. When answered, I was then directed to a page to change my password, did so, accepted and directed to sign in again and then directed to a page that said "Bad Request." I repeated this process 6 times before giving up and did a Live Chat with ATT.

Live Chat Agent had me try Google Chrome instead of Safari. email worked fine.

Agent suggested I remove all cookies: Went to Safari-Preferences-Privacy-Manage Websites. I chose; Remove All. Went back to Safari and still could not sign in Yahoo/ATT. It wanted me to continue with the process I began with.

So...no solution to getting it to work on Safari, but I was able to access my Yahoo/ATT account via Google Chrome...until someone comes up with a Safari solution.

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I had this problem today [4/9/2020].

I tried signing in, beginning with my Yahoo account, which then directed me to my AT&T sign-in. Did that, and it directed me to a security page asking my favorite movie and first job. Answered questions correctly, but then was directed to a page to change password. What?? Anyhow, so I changed password, the change was acknowledged as successful, and directed me to sign in again. Went to the Yahoo and then the AT&T process and it went to a page that said: Bad Request. I tried this process 6 times before giving up and going on AT&T Live Chat.

The agent asked me to try signing in on Google Chrome instead of Safari and my Yahoo/AT&T email popped right up. The agent suggested I clear Safari cookies, so I went to Safari-Preference-Privacy-Manage Websites and I chose - Remove All. Went back to Safari to sign into my Yahoo/AT&T account and paragraph 1 repeated itself.

So, although I have not yet discovered a way to get my Yahoo/AT&T email to work on Safari, Google Chrome seemed to be the solution until someone figures out what the heck is going on.

• 

1 Message

5分前

It seems that many Mac users are unable to access their Yahoo email these days, but there are few different ways to solve this problem. The first thing you should try is to delete the existing email account on your Mac. Go to the "Mail, Contacts and Calendars" preference pane and click "Accounts". Delete the Yahoo account from the list and then set it up from scratch. Once it is set up you need to check if your email starts functioning. If it does you should try disconnecting the account and then reconnecting it. If the problem persists then try logging out of the account and logging in again. If you are running the latest version of Mac OS X Yosemite then you should remove the Yahoo email account from inactive mailboxes. Click on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and then in the left menu click on "Mail". Click on "Yahoo! Mail" and in the next window click on "Edit". You will see a button called "Remove mailbox". Click on it and confirm the action when prompted.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.