For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
stitchnkitty's profile

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

Friday, June 24th, 2022 4:25 PM

Can not rec emails from one of my distirbutors site.

I rec retail orders gathered on one of my distributors site. A while back the emails started bouncing back to the distributor. can you help me to see if this site has been blocked and if so why and how can i get this corrected.

This is one of the emails that was bounced back in response to one of my orders.

"

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not follow guidance, click links, or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email scrubbed]

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email scrubbed]>:
    553 5.3.0 alpd679 DNSBL:RBL 521<74.208.23.237>_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net"

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email scrubbed]>:
    553 5.3.0 alpd679 DNSBL:RBL 521<74.208.23.237>_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net"

This part of the e-mail says that the owner of the server that has the public IP of 74.208.23.237 needs to contact AT&T by sending an e-mail to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net to explain using small words why AT&T should quit rejecting e-mail submitted by them.

As that IP appears to be owned by a web site hosting company, this is probably not going to be fun times.

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

Ok I have sent a note to the advised email and we will only hope that something come of it - will keep you posted.

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

Ok just how long does any action from att take?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

Typically a week or less, depending on the situation.  If it's been 7 days since your e-mail, send a follow up.

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

ok ty i have done what you suggested.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.