Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
Goodbuddy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 3:27 AM

Can I import my excel file into At&T mail contacts?

Have an Excel listing contacts and their email.  Can I use this to import into At&T mail contacts?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y مضت

Here are the basic operations:

1. In Excell save the file as a "comma separated values (.csv)" file.
  2. In the webmail, contacts, click the More in the toolbar and Import in the resulting drop down menu.  The select File Upload to upload the .csv file.

That's the basic operations.  It's doesn't necessarily result in you getting the yahoo contacts list exactly how you want it because the comma separated fields in your .csv file (and hence in your excell spreadsheet column order) might be in a different order than yahoo wants them.  So what I would suggest you do is create a dummy contact in the webmail with the same data fields you have in your own excell spread sheet.  Then export the contacts as a .csv file (More->export).  Look at that .csv file (it's just a text file you can view in any text editor) to see what data goes where and the number of commas between that data.  Use that as a guide to reorder the columns in your own contacts spreadsheet (possibly inserting blank columns if necessary).

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.