Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
BD56's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 8, 2022 3:41 PM

Can AT&T support fix the AT&T anti virus plus link?

You can improve your site by correcting the link to install AT&T Anti virus plus powered by McAfee; both solution articles, explore AT&T antivirus plus 'Get it' button and install antivirus plus 'AT&T antivirus plus' link do not work. Instead of AT&T correcting their site, AT&T support helps customers by referring them to Mcafee support phone numbers. We were given three phone numbers. First 877.334.8122 which is constantly busy for three business days. Second  1.800.14410188 which has too many digits and is a non working number. Third 1.866.622.3911 which sent us to McAfee to purchase products at which point we got a call from a hacker!!

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

8 m مضت

I agree with @morph27 about avoiding McAfee (or any other third party A/V) on a Win10/11 machine.  Windows Defender is currently rated as good or better than any third party solution with the added benefit of not putting your system in jeopardy when Windows Update runs.

But, if you really insist go to THIS LINK.  Log into your att.com account and you should get to the download page.  Note that you must have high speed AT&T Internet but some have said they got rejected even though they had gigabit service!

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.6K Messages

8 m مضت

To pile on, I fully agree with @tonydi & @morph27. Based on long experience, I wouldn't have McAfee on my system if I were paid to install it. It's like downgrading your CPU and removing half of your RAM. As mentioned, if on Windows 10/11, Defender is much better in terms of system impact and performance. There are also other third party solutions that won't turn your PC into a creeping turtle.

• 

1 Message

2 m مضت

Hard to trust any recommendation by at&t if they can't even fix a link to download their recommended sofware! Geez - it's STILL not working. Either the download link button doesn't appear or, trying one of the workarounds suggested in this thread, i get a repeated error message "TRY AGAIN LATER OR CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT".

I'm relatively happy with their fiber internet service (using my own router and just using their device as a dumb fiber interface modem) but this is why i don't subscribe to any other at&t services. Just terrible!

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.