Protect yourself online
HayleyG's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Oct 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Bot or something using my email address to send out viruses/scams/ads

This is very annoying. I am receiving emails from "myself." The address is my own and when I try to block it, it says I can't block my own address. This fake me is sending scam, advertising, and virus emails to everyone on my contact list, and the sheer amount of emails this thing sends out has gotten so out of hand that the mailer daemon now refuses to send them out at all, giving me a failure notice every time.

I don't have any viruses or malware, I've checked my computer countless times and it's obvious that this is with the email and not due to any malicious programs. I also do not believe my email has been hacked in the sense that whatever program is doing this is capable of changing my password, as I can still log in and receive/send email normally. I have just changed my password, though, so we'll see how that works out.

I doubt changing my password will put the kabosh on this bot or whatever is running the show here, so if you know, how exactly can I stop this? I'm afraid my grandma will actually open one of the virus emails one of these days, haha.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Bumping this up. Rather disappointed that I feel I'll have to call in to get any sort of help.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 y ago

BTW, sorry we missed your origional post.. it happens, but honestly, we don't do it on purpose. Hope this is actually of help.

I got this from another post, but the infomration should be valad.  You can try the support number, Or if you prefer, you can try one of the care team links to send a private message to:

IF you are an active ATT customer, try the following number: AT&T's web support line @ 1-877-312-5550, we had other users report good results with them in the past.

if you are NOT an active ATT customer (account in "free" status) then you will have to go thru one of the care teams.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.