We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
Protect yourself online
jacquequilts's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 12:43 PM

Bellsouth.net Secure Email Password (and instrcutions to correct) NOT working!!

bellouth.net email stop working.  Found and implemented the Secure Email Password instructions, but email STILL NOT WORKING!!

What NOW??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

Just to be clear, if you are referring to the secure mail key then that is only for email client apps (e.g., Thunderbird, Outlook, mobile email client apps, etc.) not the webmail.  So is your reference to a "Secure Email Password" actually what's called a "secure mail key" and were you trying to use it in an email client because as I said it won't work to log into the webmail.  For the webmail you still need your account password.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

@wrselby 

Did you create a secure mail key for each individual subaccount by logging into myAT&T one by one?  If so make sure you are using the server settings defined here.  Or compare your setup with what's shown here (if your email client is in the list).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I got the secure mail key to work with my main @Bellsouth.net account and I was able to create mail keys for my email subaccounts, but when I try to use them (in Windows 2013 on Windows10) it will not accept those mail keys. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yahoo says:  While these changes will surely inconvenience some users of Yahoo's services, the digital media firm offers a workaround to allow users to continue using their Yahoo accounts. In order to continue accessing Yahoo services, account owners need to use email addresses aside from those provided by AT&T. Yahoo users only need to proceed to their account settings and look for the portion where the email address used for login is indicated. Afterward, users may then click on the pencil icon to update the email address to a more suitable one.

So the fact is that if, like me you have an email for 15 years on Bellsouth.net,  your user ID is not recognized  on your Yahoo mail login.  That is not an "Inconvenience" it is a disaster. Think of how many times me and others have used my email over all those years.  Many of my other accounts in banking, credit cards, stocks, utilities have that email, and can't find me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.