Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
ron3607's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Feb 2, 2017 11:01 PM

Bellsouth.net email

i have a "bellsouth.net " e-mail address. Will i be able to keep this email account if i am not an At&T customer ?    

I was told by someone "Bellsouth.net" emails are Yahoo & are not tied to being an AT&T customer

iamarobot

Guru

• 

462 Messages

6年前

I know that any att or old email accounts will be converted to a free email account and the yahoo servers will be the one to handle the emails. It will only be suspended if your old att account has a pending balance. 

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6年前

That is correct.. once all outstanding balances are settled, any e-mail accounts created as an att (or sub domains) customer convert to free status, and are yours to use as long as you want to.

Fair warning. you can not create any more sub accounts, and if you delete one, it is gone forever. If you delete the primary account, even if you can recover it, any and all sub accounts disapear forever.

If you got the complimentary licence for the Mcaffee security suite, it will become invalid, and you will need to purchase a licence from McAffee to continue using it.

I think that is the main things that change after suspending your att service.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.