AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
grovite's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 18, 2019 12:03 AM

Bellsouth.net email (can't log in via web)

I cannot access my bellsouth.net email account via the web for about a week now.

I have tried with 2 different browsers - same result (Please make sure that your User ID and Password are both correct, and try again. )

Other times I can't even get to the login screen (https://start.att.net/error/)

Thunderbird email client uses same login credentials and can access the emails.

I need to access the account through the web when I am away from my office.

How can I get this resolved?

Why is there no live customer support?

NewName

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

4 years ago

I experienced same problem.  Yesterday it finally took after several attempts to sign in, but today will not allow sign in to webmail bellsouth.net account I've been using successfully for 20+ years.  What's up?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It appears to have been a yahoo issue - matter seems to be resolved now --  so much for "Oath"

NewName

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, grovite, I should have posted an update when I was able to successfully log in the next day or two after my post here.  But then a day or two later I had another weird thing happen.  I use Microsoft Outlook as my email client, so rarely log in to webmail anyway, but another user with a sub account does use webmail daily which is how I knew about the problem.  Anyway, a couple of days later, my Microsoft Outlook started receiving like 700 - 800 emails that I had already seen and deleted from Outlook.  It only happened for a day or two, then all was well again.  I have no idea why or how, but am grateful it resolved itself.  Don't we love it when things work right, but freak out when they don't.  We get lulled into a sense of calm, then for no apparent reason, things just don't work like they did and we don't know why.  It's frustrated and disorienting, to say the least, but it's life.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.