Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
steph0923's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 4:50 AM

bellsouth.net account deactivated after being hacked

My bellsouth.net email account was hacked and now it is deactivated. It is a very old account and when I try to reset the password it says that it's not activated and I need to get my parents to unlock it. But I'm 50 years old, so I think it is confused. I cannot seem to reach any support for this issue. Has anyone else had a similar problem with a solution?

Thanks

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like you might have a sub account created off of the main account, and is thinking that only kids would have such. 😉

Anyways, if that IS the case, you should be able to unlock it from the "parent" account...

And if not, then I got NO clue how to unlock it.

seriously, when I tried the password recovery app, just to see how it works, it gave me the option of using a temporary password sent to my backup/recovery e-mail account     OR

the option to answer the security questions you set up, who knows how long ago.

E-mail support does exist, and have seen other posts about how to reach them, but at a loss what they are off the top of my head.

One option I see recomended a lot is to contact the attcareteam through the link provided in many of the threads here.  Gods, feeling almost useless, as I don't have that link handy either.

Anyways, good luck.

Let me say up front, I have NO idea if these folks can help, but if you are willing to try it with the understanding it is 3rd hand at best, here is a contact number to try: 1-877-312-5550.

Oh, and you can reach the care team at this link: http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Again, good luck.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

The thing is, this is a very old account. I do believe that it is a sub account, but I can't remember the parent account and if I did, it probably would be inactive due to years of non use. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I'm trying that phone number now will let you know what happens.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

After 3rd call to the number provided and a couple of hours

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I am meerly curious, and maybe a bit nosey, and if it's none of my business, just say so, but I am wondering why this e-mail is of interest if it has been unused after all this time.

I'd also ask about the parrent or main account, mostly becuase all my dealing with at&t work thru the main account, and being inactive for years just seems unlikly.

Anywhoo.. moving on. Man Tongue

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I just said it was an old account not unused. It was still used. It was the parent account that was not used. I just figured it would be inactive, but it wasn't. All is well now. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am today having the same problem an not receiving any support from the numerous calls I have made.  I have had this account for 10 years and cannot access anything.  Does anyone know what to do when your bellsouth.net account has been deactivated without your permission?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.