Protect yourself online
AT_User_Steve's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 16th, 2017 10:59 PM

ATT.net / Yahoo Email Security Issue with "Apps connected to your account"

While reviewing the Recent Activity page (accessible via the Account Info link in one's email account), I notice something very troubling.   

Under the "Apps connected to your account" section of the Recent Activity page, it shows multiple "Email application(s)" that have access to my account. The section heading states: "You have authorized these apps, sites and devices to access" my account.  

PROBLEM

The first "email application" listed is fine. It shows the email application from my phone, which has accessed my email from the "United States" and was "Last used this week."   

The disturbing part is what comes next.   

It shows one "Email application" accessed my email from a country I have never been to and was "Last used last month."      

It then shows a second "Email application" accessed my email from a different country and was "Last used two weeks ago."    

IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP OR GET DETAILS?

No additional information is provided, and it appears impossible to stop this unauthorized access.

1.) Clicking on the "email application" does not provide any additional information or options (such as the exact date of access, the IP Address, or the nature of the device, app, or operating system that accessed the email).   

2.) I have changed my password. Unfortunately, according to a May 8, 2017 AT&T answer in another question thread, it may not make a difference.  

- If the person accessing the account is running an "(old) instance of the mail app", they are not required to enter the new password. They will still have access. 

- This is because "it appears that the server does allow older devices to stay connected as long as the verification and certificates are valid. It is similar to if you check the box 'remember me' and you do not have to sign in even after changing your password."  

QUESTIONS / HELP, PLEASE!  

1.) How can I get details on the date, IP Address, nature of the device, app, operating system, etc. that accessed my account?   

2.) How can I remove or block their access to my account, even if they are not running the newest version of the mail app?  

Thank you for any help the community can provide. This is disturbing, to put things mildly.  

I would really appreciate any help at all. Thanks!

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.