Protect yourself online
Pccdavef's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 16th, 2015 3:49 AM

Att.net account recovery

Hello,

I have been trying to get some resolution with my old att.net email account. Originally it was a free email account from my DSL service. AT&T moved out of the area (Virginia) but I kept the account. I've forgotten the password and every time I try to reset it, I get a temporary error and a link to contact customer service. Customer service bounces me between wireless (which I have, but it's not linked to that email) and uverse (where I no longer have an account number). It's very frustrating.

The address still seems like it's up and running. Email doesn't bounce when I send it. One customer service rep told me it was expired and one rep said it could be accessed!?! Would really appreciate the chance to have that back. If you could help me out that would be great.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Since you make it clear, your e-mail account is in free status, technically, you are no longer entittled to receive anything other than the automated support at the recovery page. That, unfortunatly, is why the CSR guys were kinda iffy about helping you out.

HOWEVER, all is not lost. Those nice guys and gals at ATTCustomer Care team are more than happy to help you out with recovering your "lost" e-mail account. (They have done it with dozens of others already that I know of) All you need to do is send them a private message with your name, normally, I'd say include account information, but since the account is really all ya have, i guess we go with that.. anyways, describe what you need, give them a way to contact you ( a phone number works great) a good time to contact you, and give them a couple days to get back to you. Use this link to send them the message:  For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Good luck, they should get you back up and e-mailing in no time.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

No one from AT&T had the courtesy to respond to my inquiry. Not even an acknowledgement that they received my message. Such a shame!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hello, @Pccdavef!

Thanks for posting. It looks like your assigned case rep tried to get in touch with you via e-mail a few times at your yahoo address.

Is it possible that the messages ended up in your junk or spam folders? According to the notes, it looks like we re-synced the profile on our end for your att.net address. Is it working now?

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

hello,
so i just checked and went to att.neti tried to login using pccdavef@att.net and my password and it says this id is not yet taken, would you like to register it. when i try and create a new account i only get the option for pccdavef@yahoo.com which is something i don't want.any ideas? what the heck am i doing wrong? lol. 
thank you so very much,dave

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

The yahoo portal is a flexible beast, but it is still a beast.

You have to specify, username@att.net, OR it will default to a yahoo.com domain name.

Best thing I can sugest, is, trying it again, but when you put in the user name, put in the @att.net as well, or it will "assume" you mean yahoo.com.

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hello,

Still doesn't work with my password and won't let me do a password reset. What might I do next ?

Thanks again!
Df
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.