Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Protect yourself online
A

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 19, 2022 6:32 PM

AT&T is blocking my website

My website, which has no reason to be blocekd for spam, has been blocked for multiple customers. I have confirmed with the back end as I use Shopify that there is no reason to be flagged for spam. Attempted to call and had 0 help from Customer Support.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

7 m前

Please explain exactly the symptoms you are talking about when you say "AT&T is blocking [your] website"?  Messages received, by who, when?

• 

2 Messages

7 m前

This is what my customers are seeing with AT&T, contacted the support for the company that essentially powers the site and they said they saw no case of spam or anything harmful. AT&Ts customer support could not provide any reason this may be occuring for my customers.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

7 m前

I believe that ATThelp suggested to bring this up on the business forum.  Here is a thread with an issue similar to yours there:

https://bizcommunity.att.com/conversations/general-app-support/home-network-security-is-blocking-my-companys-url/61def98f7a111244cf5e9d53

(edited)

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

195.7K Messages

7 m前

We're here to help with website being blocked to see what can be done here, Aborge09.

Let's meet in a Direct Message to provide further investigation. Please check your Direct Message Inbox which is the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the Forums. Thank You!   

Charles, AT&T Community Forums   

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.1K Messages

7 m前

@JefferMC   404 link, someone nuked it.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

7 m前

May have taken it "private."  Sigh.  Let's not leave threads around that might help people.

ATTChrisZ

Employee

• 

146 Messages

6 m前

Just by chance I was going through threads and saw this. I found the issue @JefferMC

I decided to use my internet connection to test. I have a 3rd party security feature (personal subscription) for web browsing and it displayed a warning page. So, I tested the site at mxtoolbox.com and some issues populated.  

Some browsers and security features, like the one you posted above, protect/ warn customers when a site has a potential security issue and at times, blocks them.

These are not items we can resolve at it is related to settings on your end. I recommend you reach out to your WebHost, or web developer, to address the errors. Once they are fixed, the traffic issues you are seeing, should be resolved.

ChrisZ

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

6 m前

@ATTChrisZ , I respectfully but vociferously disagree with your assertion.

When the website owner us utilizing a hosting company, yes, he can and should take it up with the hosting company for assistance.  What can they tell the hosting company is wrong other than AT&T is blocking the site?

In addition, we've had issues where the poster was private hosting the server within their own IT environment.  Who do you refer them to?  

Essentially my complaint is:

1) Your message provides no real information other than "site bad"

2) You provide no methodology for a site to determine what is wrong with their site.

3) I challenge you to disclose even one empiric test that AT&T Security does against a web site vs just checking a black list.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.