Protect yourself online
J

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 1:18 PM

AT&T email account on Yahoo Mail

I seem to be stuck in a circular loop - the email domain is sbcglobal.net which is an old AT&T service that is accessed through the Yahoo Mail, but Yahoo cannot help me recover deleted/hacked emails as they do not “own” the account And have directed me to AT&T.

I cannot find any Email support from the AT&T website And the 800-288-2020 cannot help me because the SBCGlobal.net account number is 8 digits, the phone number associated with the email account is 10 digits, but AT&T support automated system is asking for a 9 digit number which I do not have so The system hangs up on me and does not give me any opportunity to speak to a human. I am stuck!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

its still true they dont store your emails once deleted they are gone

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

at&t/yahoo dont backup any of your emails so if you got hacked and emails were deleted then they are gone for good it would be illegal and an invasion of your privacy if they were to store your emails. same with texts on phones, the texts are only on the devices sent and received and once deleted they are gone as they dont have copies of the texts.

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Quoting: "at&t/yahoo dont backup any of your emails ... it would be illegal and an invasion of your privacy if they were to store your emails."

My comment: AT&T suppose to be my employee, and as such it would not be an invasion of MY privacy if I agreed (or even REQUESTED!) that they store my emails. This is the same as if MY HOUSEKEEPER saw ALL MY BATHROOM "SECRETS" while cleaning the bathroom  as (s)he was HIRED TO DO. The constant obsession with security and filtering is creating MORE problems than solves. Unsolicited phone calls, texts and emails are STILL COMING IN

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.