Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
Protect yourself online
iggynerd's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 20, 2014 9:21 PM

ATT Blocking Free Web Hosting Site

So, I created a free website on a server hosted somewhere in the UK. From work, Using Comcast, I am able to access the website and do what I need to do, when I remoted to 2 of my PCs at home and tried to access that server, the connection timed out, so I tracert, and the Trace Stops at 99.45.200.2 (99-45-200-2.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net) I can tracert www.rackspace.com and it hiccups 2 or 3 hops after the Dallas Node, but it gets there. I contacted their Tech support and the TECH said and I quote (Copy & Paste)

"Shirly: Mr. Cxxxxx, I am afraid, there are certain websites that are blocked at our end, mostly Rated sites. 

Shirly: What you are looking for is Bridging.
me: That is a Free Website Server, I created a free website why would that server be blocked?
Shirly: I am sorry about the trouble.
Shirly: There is a separate department of AT&T called as Connect - Tech, who can help you with this.
Shirly: They will help you in un-blocking the website to be accessible for you.

NOW, I do Tech Support and Remote to Servers and Client's PCs all the time, I am not quite sure why they'd need to connect to my PC to enable me to connect to a website that is blocked at their server not anywhere in my internal network. 

I'd understand if the website was any kind of "alternative" media, but it's a Free Website Hosting Server, and I do not have any media on it, just the framework for a couple of websites. I would like to know, WHY they blocked this site?

ji785s

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

8 years ago

It may be that the hosting provider has been blocked for abuse within the AT&T Network or for other reasons. You can try sending an email yourself to abuse@att.net and let them know your issue, but mainly if they are blocked for abuse the hosting provider needs to contact AT&T from the above email in order to have there IPs taken off the black list.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.