Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
davidjd's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, May 30, 2019 8:39 PM

All Yahoo login pages are redirecting to AT&T pages

There are many posts on this but no solutions.  I'm asking again.  Bottom line is that all Yahoo login pages are redirecting to AT&T pages.  My SBCGlobal.net account should have zero to do with AT&T.  Please advise.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3年前

Bottom line is that all Yahoo login pages are redirecting to AT&T pages. My SBCGlobal.net account should have zero to do with AT&T.

Sbcglobal.net is an att (legacy) account.  Usually people are complaining about it going the other way, i.e., trying to log into the att/yahoo webmail and getting redirected to yahoo. If you are having trouble logging in try changing your account password (e.g., Forgot ID/Password).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

The searches I've done show people with sbcglobal getting redirected to att.  

It's not possible to change my password which is tied to an account I can't get into because of the redirect.  

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3年前

The searches I've done show people with sbcglobal getting redirected to att.  

Sorry I don't remember it that way.  IMO you should be logging into att for an att account and Forgot ID/Password should work if you know your security questions, or have a valid recovery email address set for your account (i.e., not the email address you are trying to recover), or a valid contact (billing) snail mail address to receive a temp password.

Alternatively try calling the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) to see if they can help you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

That's the issue.  I'm not trying to log into an ATT account.  SBCGlobal hasn't been associated with AT&T for 10+ years.  In that time, it's never shown me an AT&T page.  That's the odd thing that out of the blue it decides to since the two companies (yahoo & ATT) are not associated with each other.  Now any attempt to login takes me to an AT&T and Yahoo branded page.  When I try to login, it goes to an AT&T only page saying my email isn't recognized.  

Thanks for the help.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3年前

That's the issue. I'm not trying to log into an ATT account. SBCGlobal hasn't been associated with AT&T for 10+ years.

Wrong.  SBC was renamed to ATT back in 2005 (wiki).  When all the baby bells were gobbled up under what is now ATT they became responsible for the following (legacy) domains.

@ameritech.net
@att.net
@Bellsouth.net
@flash.net
@nvbell.net
@Pacbell.net
@prodigy.net
@sbcglobal.net
@snet.net
@swbell.net
@wans.net

In that time, it's never shown me an AT&T page. That's the odd thing that out of the blue it decides to since the two companies (yahoo & ATT) are not associated with each other.

Not sure what you have been looking at.  If it was the yahoo webmail then yes, there was an "attempt" at unmerging the legacy accounts from yahoo sometime after verizon bought yahoo. I think that "attempt" is ongoing due to problems.  Hence the announcement in the upper right of this page and my suggestion back in post 2.

While yahoo maintains the servers as att's email service provider the att accounting is handled separately.  Att has it's own home/portal page (start.att.net) distinct from yahoo.com's and it's webmail, while probably similar to yahoo's (never used yahoo's), shows the att global icon/logo in front of "yahoo" in the upper left of the webmail page.

When I try to login, it goes to an AT&T only page saying my email isn't recognized.

So again all can suggest is to try calling the att Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728).

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.