Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
A

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 20, 2021 1:37 AM

WHEN WILL THE DETROIT AREA INTERNET ISSUES END

So I’ve had an outage in the 48237 zip code for home phone and internet for about a week now. I keep getting the same (Edited per community guidelines) over the phone saying they’re working on it daily, and on one update page, it says no outage. On the other page, it’ll say outage since 8/14. Mind you there was a storm that knocked out a lot of people’s power and phone lines, but still. 

I can’t take this crap anymore! We pay tons of money to these ISPs just to be given the run around over the phone! I’ve spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get an ETA as to when service will be back up. 

this needs to be resolved ASAP. You can’t do squat without internet! And it’s not like a MiFi device will be reimbursed for or even be sufficient for my needs

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

2 m ago

Well if they are working on it daily then all you can do is wait. They can only work so fast, especially with short staffing. And techs get to go home too.

So it is a matter of it will be fixed when it is fixed. Everyone, including the techs, would love to have it fixed sooner. But apparently it is not as simple a repair as you wish it would be.

And ETAs mean squat. The bigger the issue, the more diagnostics or additional repairs discovered need to be done. To give an ETA would too often be setting false hope.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.