Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 29, 2017 3:15 AM

Unlimited Data with DirecTV now

I am getting att service, but it has a data limit of 1tb.  I have DirecTV now and the att mobile unlimited data plan, is there any way I could get unlimited data in my home internet?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

3 years ago

And the non hardwired TV service option for unlimited internet.... 

Is purchase the unlimited plan for extra $30 per month.

So is the cost of DirecTv Now PLUS $30 for unlimited internet cheaper than the $50, $70 or $75 TV promo plans.  With the standard internet pricing 50+40-10=$80.

Additionally the New Customer promos bundled with hardwired TV service is 24 month pricing versus 12 month pricing.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

3 years ago

By ordering hardwired tv service... 

Either DirecTv with dish or Uverse IPTV service if in a qualified area.  

TV packages start at $50 with internet speed tiers receiving a $10 discount from promo price. 

NEW CUSTOMER PROMO PRICES

Minimum price before fees/taxes is $80, other price points increase. Some are..

U200 with up to 50M internet $100

U300 with up to 50M internet $105

U450 with up to 50M internet $155

For 75 or 100 internet add $20

For 1000G internet add $40

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

So to be clear, we cannot bundle AT&T Internet and DIRECTV Now in order to get free, unlimited data?  The combined bill must be with DIRECTV Dish or U-verse TV (hardwired TV)?  The only options for unlimited data in a streaming TV situation would be to pay the $30 a month charge of upgrade to Internet 1000?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Spazcadet wrote:

So to be clear, we cannot bundle AT&T Internet and DIRECTV Now in order to get free, unlimited data?  The combined bill must be with DIRECTV Dish or U-verse TV (hardwired TV)?  The only options for unlimited data in a streaming TV situation would be to pay the $30 a month charge of upgrade to Internet 1000?

To be clear: No.  You must either:

1) have U-verse TV

2) have A DIRECTV account linked to your Internet account

3) have Internet 1000,

4) or pay $30/month

To have unlimited home Internet data.    Here is the applicable FAQ.

When you have AT&T Wireless and DIRECTV NOW, then under certain plans/conditions your DIRECTV NOW data usage on your phones would be unlimited.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Spazcadet

Correct... Either hardwired tv(s) with DVR and receivers if more than 1 tv to have service using DirecTv with satellite dish installed or Uverse IPTV available on internet speeds of 25M or greater using FTTN or FTTP. Or pay extra $30 or subscribe to 1000M internet if available.

From the att website

$50 Internet Offer: Price for Internet speed tiers (10M to 100M) after bill credit for new residential customers. Pricing includes Wi-Fi Gateway. After 12 mos., the rate increases to $60/mo unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 months. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Activ/Installation: $35 activation fee (self-install) or $99 installation (full tech install).Credit restrictions apply. Pricing subject to change.

† Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately for an add’l $30/mo., or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. For more info, go to www.att.com/internet-usage.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Sounds to me there’s no good reason to stay with att internet if you have dtvn. Hey att, it’s better to get paid a little bit of something instead of all of nothing.