Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
J

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Order cancelled inexplicably

I placed an order to upgrade my internet on June 8th. My order confirmation number was (Edited as per Community Guidelines). I continually received emails that my order was being processed and no further action was needed on my part until June 18th. I have received no further emails on the subject, but found on my order status page it had been cancelled. I do not know who cancelled it or why it was cancelled. I also never received a cancelation email. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 m ago

This is a customer forum, with only limited official AT&T support presence.  This might not be the best place to get the official answer to your question, and you should not share personal information (like your full name, account number, etc.) But, we might can suggest some reasons why this happened and how to proceed.

What Internet service do you have now, and what service are you trying to upgrade to?

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Sorry, I couldn't find where I was supposed to go to ask this question. But I had Internet 50 and I was upgrading to Internet 100.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 m ago

Would you mind checking your current stats to see if there's likely an explanation there?  Go to http://192.168.1.254/ click on the Broadband tab and you'll find tables containing Sync rates, attenuation, Noise Margin, and error counts.  Post screenshots of these in a reply so we can evaluate.

If you're already dual pair, it may be that you're too far away to successfully get 100 Mbps service.  If you're not already dual pair, you have to be for 100 Mbps and there may not be another free port on your card, or another card with two free ports in your VRAD.  Or there may not be another free pair in the bundle from your crossbox to your home.

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Is this correct?
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 m ago

You are not currently dual pair, you are single pair.  Your line is in good condition.  If you could get another similar pair installed, then there should not be a problem with you getting 100 Mbps service.

So, what I'm guessing has happened is a facility issue: a tech was dispatched to look at the VRAD and found that there was not a way to get you dual pair.  A possibility I left out is that if you're in an MDU (apartment building/condominium), the building wiring may not have a provision for getting more than one pair to each unit.  Anyway, tech probably said can't happen and the installation was cancelled.

So, there's the likely explanation.  However, AT&T does owe it to you to tell you that.  You can leave this here and hope ATTHelp comes by and asks you for contact information to follow up with you.  If they haven't responded by Tuesday, post a reply to say so and I'll try to ask "behind the scenes" for them to do so.  Alternately you can call the support line and ask, but that's probably going to be an exercise in frustration.  You could try to order the upgrade again, but the exact same thing would likely happen as a result.

UPDATE: Another thing I should mention is that if your home does not already have a dedicated Cat5e run for the Gateway, one needs to be installed.  That would require access to your home.  Did you have an actual installation appointment time?

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

No, I never got an installation time. And thank you so much for your help!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.