Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
R

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, July 30th, 2020 9:13 AM

No at&t services available

AT&T laid 3 fiber optic cables last year across the road. Yet doesn't offer any service at all. DSL using old phone lines by a competitor and not adding new customers isnt available. How can I obtain service from AT&T? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

Sounds like it’s a dedicated fiber for a cell tower or school emergency services etc. if it’s been there for a year and not available

(edited)

Accepted Solution

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

You should know that AT&T isn't concentrating on expanding fiber service to existing developments now. Focus is on emergency services, government services and 5G. The runs in your area are likely coming & going to different locales. You could consider ordering dedicated business internet. Installation costs are around $10 per foot from source, so 1/2 mile of fiber would be around $26K. The service requires a multiyear agreement, 2 or 3 years, instead of 12 months as with residential service. Costs start at $550 per month for 10/10 internet around $1080 for 100/100. You can get more info at https://www.business.att.com/products/dedicated-internet/#/.

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Good possibility, however this case, no schools or cell towers within 8 miles. Unfortunately I suspect due to FCC market zone areas is why. AT&T offers full services two miles away. DSL, using old lines & relay switches,  is offered by a competitor, though not accepting new customers and horrific quality/speed. Is there a waiver to get service from AT&T?

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, however a bit  unaffordable.  Internet options for home, within reason. It is the FCC market area allocations preventing AT&T service here, sadly no viable options, and the competitor is not accepting new customers. Oddly advertisements abound on how improvements and how companies are working so hard to provide internet to Nigeria and less fortunate countries. Forgetting this country, i thought we mattered, guess not.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I live in 08234 zip.   Service is terrible any new towers coming to this area ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.