Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 7:34 AM

NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!! PLEASE.

Good morning,

I have made 3 phones calls regarding this matter. I spoke to 3 representatives AND a manager. I have been dealing with this since NOVEMBER!!! I am still not able to get this resolved-- instead I come back from out of town and my service is suspended for lack of payment - which was a mistake to begin with. I have made my payments every month - however I will not pay for your employees mistakes. I will clarify in detail below:

Bank in November 2018, I made a call (1st call) AT&T to change my plan, because I knew the previous plan was expiring soon. I work in Europe and I'm  hardly at home, so I changed and lowered my plan to the $125 (approx) a month, which I believe is the 200 plan, as I was paying around $150/month (300 plan). Both of these plans included high speed internet. When I received my bill in Dec, I was shocked to see that it was even higher than typical, around $170. I called AGAIN (2nd call) to let them know something went wrong as my plan wasn't changed. I spoke to a rep who said my plan will be changed from that point forward but that doesn't help me with the amount on my bill. He said he will make a note on my file. I asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to a lady manager and told her what had happened-- I said I will make the payment for what I am supposed to be charged for, (approx $125)-- she said NO- she asked for me to wait and she will get back to me within 48 hours. I NEVER received a call or an email from her resolving this issue. The next month comes and now my account is around $400. AGAIN I call back (3rd call) . A male rep answers. I explain again - I told him I never received a call from a manager who was supposed to clear this up and give me my balance. He said he sees the notes and says its under "investigation". Again nothing resolved. He assured me the 200 plan will start at that point. Note: this is now the third time I have called and 4th At&T rep I have spoken with- whom all said the "plan will start at that time".  I said I will AGAIN pay for the previous month and present month- totaling $250, (approx $125 x 2 months). I explained that the manager said NOT TO PAY yet. I found that shocking. He said the next time I receive my bill it should be cleared out back to 0 balance + new plan approx $125. I asked for some type of proof that this will happen because their credibility is not up to par at this point. THIS IS STILL NOT RESOLVED. Now my service is suspended AND my bill is at $344.03. I just made my monthly payment of $138. (even more than usual) and what I had agreed on back in November. 

I am in disbelief the lack of effectiveness and follow through with no solution. You have reps answering the lines but they can't change a plan?  I called to change my plan several times now -- and it was NEVER changed. The response I get is, it will be noted on your files. But instead I get penalized. NOTHING has been resolved. This is completely unacceptable. I CHANGED MY PLAN BACK IN NOVEMBER 2018. Why am I still dealing with this? Why is this not resolved? Why does my account continue to have a balance that I am NOT responsible for?? Can someone who can make a decision call me, email me, send me smoke signals --- anything--- please?? I don't want to speak to a rep that will "make a note on my file". I need a solution now. I am so close to completely moving to another provider if I don't get this resolved and cleared. I will not be responsible for your employees inability to do their job. 

I expect a call tomorrow, Saturday. 

Inger

Responses

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

11 months ago

This is a user forum. You won’t get a phone call as requested. Call customer service and say you want to cancel services. You’ll be transferred to retentions. Confirm you are talking to retentions. See if they can straighten out your billing.   

If you work in Europe, why even have a tv plan in the United States?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

I have tried calling clearly as stated - and also went that direction regarding canceling my plan. That’s when I spoke to the manager. I guess I’m trying every outlet possible at this point. I would love an email but as I understand AT&T doesn’t provide one.

I am in Paris 3 weeks every other month, back and forth. I don’t work there permanently. Maybe I will try calling again today. Thanks.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

11 months ago

Try going to an att wireless store. They may be able to give you a different number. They may be able to look at your account and make suggestions on fixing it as well. My local att authorized store helped me when we switched from dtv to uverse. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.