For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 3rd, 2020 6:29 AM

My at-home internet has lately been spiking up constantly from 100 ping to upwards of almost 10000!?

I play a lot of games and the latency and lag issues are especially apparent when

playing multiplayer games like cs:go or in discord. Below is a ping and latency test online that shows that the lag issue occurs almost consistently every four seconds, which is horrendous for playing games or even merely browsing the internet/watching youtube.

I have been an AT&T customer for a very long time now and I pay 75$ a month for this terrible service, is there any way that you could fix this major issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Caused (at least in part) to the huge uptick in internet usage due to people being stuck at home during the day with nothing else to do. Numerous articles posted about this over the past weeks. I'm seeing it here, on a different internet service.

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Well I have been getting huge spikes in ping, by a factor of 30-50. It isn't caused by other users, as it is fixed by power cycling the modem. Any thoughts? 

Defective modem? (Four week old, Netgear B90-7550)

Never had this issue with the prior modem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.