Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 13, 2017 12:51 AM

Low income senior internet plan

I am 74 years old & low income by SSI.

1.Would you please let me know how to join your low income senior internet plan?

2.Is that plan also included the WIFI & free install.

Thank you!

Ti-An Wan

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T offers low cost internet for those that qualify.  For more information, go HERE

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

2 years ago

SOME SENIORS ARE LOW INCOME WHO QUALIFY AND HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO GET ON THE SNAP PROGRAM.  THERE HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF VETTING FOR THE ACCESS PROGRAM.  AT&T HAS CHOSEN TO USE SNAP AS A QUALIFIER.  SS DISABILITY IS NOT (I KNOW SOME SENIORS THAT GET A FAT DISABILITY CHECK).

IF ALL IT TOOK WAS BEING A SENIOR AND ON SOCIAL SECURITY, I'D BE THE FIRST IN LINE!

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I would like to know that exact same thing
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

Use the link skeeterintexas provided.  On that page it clearly says:

No commitment      No deposit check      No installation fee
In-home Wi-Fi gateway and access to the entire national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot network - INCLUDED at no extra cost

If you need to call telephone numbers are also provided there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What are your plans for seniors on social security only? My husband needs at least 30 mbps to work his captell phone. It's for hearing impaired people.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am a low income senior. Can I get a discount on my bill?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm 72 y

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

2 years ago

It is not about age, but about do you qualify....

First are you or member of household on SNAP? If no, then please look at the NEW customer 12 month promotions offered after checking your address online.

If yes, check your address online to see if ATT Uverse hardwired internet is available? About 75-80% of addresses in the 21 state footprint has this service.

You do not owe ATT any money for internet within last 6 months?

If California, on SSI may qualify.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

THEY ONLY OFFER IT TO SNAP OR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY NOT SENIORS ON SOCIAL SECURITY RETIREMENT. I HAVE TRIED AND WAS DENIED, VERY DISAPOINTED THEY DO NOT HELP LOW INCOME SENIORS AND THEIR AD ON TV IS VERY MISLEADING. IT SHOW TO SENIORS COMPLETE HEALTHY ALL HAPPY WITH THEIR LOW INTERNET PRICE. IT DOES NOTSAY ANYWHERE YOU HAVE TO BE ON SOCIAL SECURITY DISABI;ITY. IF YOU ARE GO FOR IT. EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE FOOD STAMPS OR SNAP PROGRAM YOU CAN GET IT. I SENT IN MY LETTER OF INCOME FROM SOCIAL SECURITY (1300) A MONTH AND I DID NOT QUALIFY,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

All seniors that are low income DO NOT qualify for SNAP skeeterintexas! In fact, very few qualify! There is a huge difference in how SNAP eligibility is calculated for seniors receiving regular social security or SSDI rather than SSI. SSI is for anyone labeled disabled and low income that has worked very little in their lifetime. SSDI is for disabled individuals that have considerable work history. SNAP benefits for them and seniors on regular social security goes like this - They count EVERY dollar of your income, with NO credits or disregards such as a certain percentage or certain amount disregarded,compared to other groups. So if a 20-something applies for SNAP and makes $1000 a month, the state disregards a large percentage of that income (Last I knew it was the first 30 percent + additional disregards) and calculates SNAP based on the remainder. If a senior applies for SNAP, the state calculates SNAP eligibility based on that full $1,000 social security check. For the very few seniors that do get SNAP, every $2.00 additional that a senior receives, from whatever source, they lose $1.00 of SNAP. Therefore the overwhelming majority of low income seniors DO NOT qualify for SNAP yet are STILL very low income. BTW, I was a case manager for many years, working with low income and seniors of all incomes and never once saw what you described as "seniors that get fat disability checks."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I am suppose to have the internet on my phone , and it tells me that I am not connected , I was before. I don't understand.

Get started...

Ask a new question