Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
K

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 2:43 AM

Closed

Is it possible to have a second line of Internet towards one/two devices only?

Heads up, I already have Internet but I'm not the one paying for it. I want to have a line only for me(which I will pay).

So in my current house, my family and I use Internet for pretty much everything.

The number of devices in total is about 10 or 14?

The thing is that I would like to have an upload speed of 6Mbps minimum but not matter what, I only get about 2Mbps. I tried with WiFi(on the same room the computer is) and tried with the cable connected to the modem and it just keeps itself being the same....no improvement at all.

I found out that I need to have a high speed internet but I'm not even sure what plan my family currently has. According to the AT&T website, high speed internet is not even available in my current address so that's a second thing that threw me off but whatever lol.

The big question; is there a way to improve my internet upload speed? Or is it that I actually need to pay for my own line towards specific devices in my house?

I would like to do live videos but with our current plan that is obviously not possible so I'm looking to have a second line(and everything needed) in order to make it happen.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20.2K Messages

2 years ago

If needing a faster upload than available with ATT will need to consider a different ISP. ATT only allows one account per address.

The local cable company or cell tower hotspot would be starting points.

Enter your zip code to see ISP options for your area, may not cover your address... https://broadbandnow.com/

EDIT... ATT SPEED TIERS....

Direct Fiber FTTP is 1000/1000 for 14+ million addresses

For indirect fiber FTTN (Fiber to the NODE) 100/20, 75/20, 50/10, 25/5, 25/2 depending on copper loop length after the fiber VRAD. 27 million addresses have FTTN option.

For internet from CO (Central Office) download speeds will decrease from 18, 10, 5, 3, 1.5, .76 while best upload will be less than 1. This is ADSL2+ with about 20 million addresses having this option.

About 15 million addresses do not have a hardwired option, will need to use cell tower service of either FIXED WIRELESS (1.1 million) or HOMEBASE HOTSPOT (14 million).

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I need to upload my identification so you we can start our plan

Constructive

Former Employee

• 

30.7K Messages

1 year ago

Start your own post this is a year old post. This also is a customer populated forum not AT&T. 

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

1 year ago

Plus I have no idea what you're after.  Closing to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.