Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 8, 2017 3:38 PM

Internet for low income seniors

We want to know if you have a low cost internet for people who are on retirement with low income?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

You want to check out ATT's Access program.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

2 years ago

The low cost internet program is called ACCESS and is available to SNAP participants.  Click HERE for more information.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Spoiler
Not everyone can qualify for SSI or SNAP, which leaves Seniors who are still low-income on Social Security unable to afford these costs.  I have the Lifeline Discount for my landline, but the Internet cost is too high and now is going up $18.00 more.  😒  There needs to be another program for those who cannot afford this, maybe income-based.  I will need to let go of or locate an optional service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

ATT access program is only good if you receive SNAP benefits which is something my parents don’t receive they get SSI and they don’t live in California where they only take SSI.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

2 years ago

The Access program is the only low cost program that AT&T offers. 

Your parents could call CS and see if there are any discounts they might be willing to apply to their account.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

i need internet i get ssi in kentucky 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

im trying to get internet i get ssi

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

im looking for internet

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

about at&t

jondowe

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

2 years ago

Those of you on SSI, there is a very good chance you can get SNAP as well, even if it's just a small amount, file online now. I have both and my SNAP if just $16 or so. I have the ACCESS plan as well, and honestly for an ISP it was pretty easy to get. They did try to charge me a deposit, something they aren't supposed to do, but they quickly back off at even a hint you think that's a problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

@jondowe

We Natives in Oklahoma can't get Snap benefits & Indian commodities at the same time.  Because they're both food for the poor programs.  We can only get one or the other & I went with commodities because I get a lot more food than $16 would buy.

Get started...

Ask a new question