Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get notified about AT&T Fiber
D

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Apr 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Internet Basic 6 or Internet 12 from Internet Basic 3, without tech. visit? Possible?

I currently have Internet Basic 3. NVG599 Gateway. Looking to upgrade speed. I understand a tech visit is required to switch to one of the fiber plans (Internet 18 & higher). What I would like to know is if it is possible to upgrade to any of the intermediate tiers without a tech visit. Internet Basic 6 and Internet 12 show as available options through the ATT web portal, however both indicate a site visit is required. I believe they are both ADSL2+ (correct?), and wonder if a tech visit is actually necessary.

• 

4 Messages

2年前

FYI, I'm in area code 60645 (far north side of Chicago). DSL connection info attached.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

Your not going to be able to upgrade with the above stats... not enough Max Rate.

If being offered an upgrade, likely a change from ADSL2+ to either VDSL FTTN bonded pair or to direct fiber... either is a several hours upgrade with tech onsite and inside residence. If this is not acceptable, recommend considering upgrade in the summer when no longer have a health crisis

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

4 Messages

Thanks, this is the info I needed.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Similar question, but I'm wondering about the possibility and value of switching from Internet 6 to Internet 12 with these stats:

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

@lynnewio

I am not seeing the internet 12 upgrade, but you are close....

For the internet speed trying to go to the user (sync) rate is 14400, would be looking for a max rate of around 16. The upstream is there to support 12/1. Possible may be able to move to 10/1. The closer you get to your max rate the lower the SN margin. Below 6.0 have problems your currently 7.4 would feel better if that was up around 9 or higher to upgrade... that means your max rate would need to be higher.

Recommend Internet 10, if does not work you would be lowered to internet 5.

6 and 12 are older speed tiers no longer offered, replaced with 5 and 10.

Are you willing to try 10 knowing if does not work you will actual drop in speed to 5?

edit... notice your current profile is 7200 (actual 7194) to double speed profile would double sync rate that is where the 14400 sync rate comes from I mentioned above.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Hmm...It looks like only have the 6 and 12 options.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.