Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
babicka2's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 9:04 PM

Fiber 300 Unlimited data or 1TB?

In November 2022, my digital home phone line stopped working.  They would not come check it out unless I upgraded to Fiber.

So ... I went from:
Uverse TV
Digital home phone
Internet 24 

to

Uverse TV
Digital home phone
Fiber 300

My statements say:
Data allowance (unlimited GB)
Unlimited Internet - Because you bundled Internet with TV, you receive an unlimited data allowance

If Fiber 300 is supposed to have unlimited data, what difference does it make if I bundled TV with Internet? I know that was true with Internet 24, but why is bundling required for Fiber 300?

I am contemplating canceling U-verse TV.  If I do so, should I still have unlimited data because I have Fiber 300?

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

It does not matter now or when upgraded in 2022, however prior to October 2020 only internet 1000 was unlimited.

Internet 100 and 300 had 1T data cap, to have unlimited on these plans previously would have required either a tv bundle or subscription to to unlimited for extra $30 per month.

As Uverse TV would have been a grandfathered plan in 2022, stopped selling March 2020, your account is likely still listing the plan type when you signed up for service originally. Therefore you can cancel Uverse IPTV and stay unlimited for fiber internet but they light need to change your account type. 

As cancelling IPTV requires calling 800-288-2020, recommend verifying with the contact person when cancelling.

Will have a few weeks to return the DVR and any receivers.

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for your feedback.  I was hoping to avoid having to make a phone call.  The one I made, yesterday, about a different question, was less than satisfactory, as far as communication goes.   Once I figure out what I'm going to do to replace U-verse TV, I guess I will make that phone call.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.9K Messages

2 months ago

Your unlimited Fiber data is even more unlimited because you have U-verse TV?

Yeah, Internet 300 is supposed to be unlimited, regardless of whether or not you have U-verse TV.  But they probably put that on the statement to help keep you on U-verse TV...

3 Messages

2 months ago

When we watch U-verse TV programming, does that count as internet data usage?

I'm trying to determine if we will be using more data on our internet plan, if we drop U-verse and rely exclusively on streaming services.  It sounds like we should still get unlimited data on Internet 300, if we drop U-verse, but ... just in case ... I want to know what to expect.

Right now, most of our viewing habits are by way of our U-verse programming.  A limited amount is through Netflix.  (Note:  an antenna for local channels is not an option, as we don't want to put an antenna on our roof, after having replaced the roof,  and the tech shield in our attic prevents using one in the attic.)

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.9K Messages

2 months ago

When we watch U-verse TV programming, does that count as internet data usage?

It is not supposed to.  It is not Internet data (it runs on a Private IP network that shares the connection to your home).  When I did comparisons of my tracking to AT&T's tracking, I matched fairly closely (less than 10% error on any given day, usually much less) and I did not count the U-verse traffic.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.