Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
H

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 5th, 2021 6:49 PM

Closed

Fenton,MI AT&T Wireless Store

I entered the wireless store located in Fenton,MI with the intention of purchasing an additional line of service for my home internet service. I was being helped but then my sales associate got pulled away to help another sales associate who was handling a situation he did not seem comfortable or competent in handling. So I stood at the counter waiting for my rep to return when it took him most of 35-45 minutes to clear up the other rep's misunderstanding. When he returned to the counter to finally finish what he had started with me, he changed my entire course of action and was trying to sell me a third cell phone that I would utilize the "hot spot" feature on to fuel my entire home with internet service. Thankfully, 5 years of working as a Premises Technician for AT&T I corrected him, asked again for the home internet solution I originally asked for. He was able to order the product since he claimed he didn't have this stocked in their store.(Even though there was a display advertising this product directly at the forefront as you walked in.) He provided me with no receipt(no email or paper proof) of the transaction and told me verbally my new equipment would arrive between 2-4 days later. 

5 days later, I called to check in with the store about my shipment and spoke with a rep who told me he could not do anything to check the order his peer processed even if I provided account information for him to check and see. He told me to just wait it out,  and "due to FCC regulations," he would not be able to check the order status or give any type of verification of the shipment that very store had processed. I love AT&T 's services but their customer service continues to be far inferior to that of their competitors.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Additional line of service for internet? Huh? 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

A cell phone account has lines of service (each phone). But every computer connects to your one internet account, not be counted as separate lines as is a shared service.

Were you trying to get a 2nd internet service for home (some desire so home business/office is not mixed with household's personal use), an additional line on your mobile account specifically to be used as a "hotspot", or something else?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

As a former prem tech you should know only 1 account per household. 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

There can only be one residential account per address....

Were you trying to order internet service for a separate address?

You reference a product in the store on display... are you referring to ATT TV receiver instead of internet product? ATT store fronts should be able to provide (sale) a receiver for a NEW account signing up at the store, if desire is to add another receiver the store level would not supply requiring direct shipment of additional receiver to account address.

If the desire is to add a 2nd internet account using cellular service, this would be an ATT HOMEBASE product aka "hotspot". 

Your information provided is confusing as to what order... you should be able to access your account online to track product being shipped. 

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Anyone in this area having issues with complete loss of service, only when within 48430? And it doesn’t say “no service” it shows bars. No text, calling, or any data whatsoever. It happens every time I drive into the area. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

11 months ago

@ScottScottsman 

This thread is about an issue at a store, back in 2021. As your post is about a completely different situation (coverage/loss of service in a specific area), please start your own thread.

2yr old thread - CLOSED

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.