Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
mhomeyer05's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:38 PM

Fastest Internet Plan

Hello, I was wondering what the fastest non fiber plan ATT offers in Springfield MO.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.1K Messages

2 m ago

Depends on your definition of fiber...

ATT offers (2) home fiber internet services...

The oldest and most common is VDSL FTTN or Fiber To The Node deployed from 2006 to end 2015 for UVERSE project expansion with the last project being VIP 2013-end 2015 that resulted in total of 33 million addresses with Fiber To The Node within then markets.

Today FTTN depending on facilities available (single or bonded pairs, type of card in VRAD) AND your copper distance after the fiber fed VRAD offers best speed of 100/20 as BONDED service on K or N card with copper loop under 1000 feet. As things change so does the best speed available for any particular address, besides the 100/20, offers of 75/20, 50/10, 45/6, 25/5 and 25/2 exists as best possible speed.

The other UVERSE internet platform deployed during this time was upgrades at the Central Office (CO) or Remote Terminal (RT). This would be fiber to that point using different technology offering best speed of 18/1 with speeds again decreasing as copper loop increases. Best speed could be 18, 10, 5, 3, 1.5 or .76 at 2.5+ miles of copper. 

If your question is what is best hybrid fiber / copper speed (VDSL) that is not direct fiber FTTP (FTTH) offered in an ATT market then the answer is 100/20. If the question is not using fiber to the neighborhood then the best speed is ADSL2+ internet 18.

EDIT.... enter your zip code to determine best offered by providers including ATT FTTP and FTTN.

https://broadbandnow.com/

(edited)

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.5K Messages

2 m ago

go onto at&t website and look use the availability tool

(edited)

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks, I have the 100/20. This answered my question.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.