Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 13, 2019 8:41 PM

Does AT&T Internet have month-to-month service?

I'd like to set up an internet connection in my apartment in San Bruno, CA. 

I prefer not to have yearly contact so I am looking for a month-to-month plan for internet. 

However, it seems there is no option for that. If not, how much will it cost if I use the internet for 6 months and break the one year contract? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

a year ago

Internet only...

$99 installation.

12 month promo contract, standalone service from 10-100 (best address can be supported) is $50 per month.

Early Termination Fee is $180, pro rated $15 per month for each month remaining. If cancel after 6 months would be 15x6 or $90. 

Note, after 12 months the rate would increase either $10 to $15 depending on then current pricing. 

In essence receiving $10 discount per month while subject to $15 ETF per month. 7 months of service is near break even point... $70 in discounts received while $75 to cancel at 7 months. Result keeping service 8 or more months is saving money compared to retail pricing.

Note... If receive a REWARDS card this would change the months break even... $50 REWARD card with $10 discount moves break even to 5 months... $100 savings compared to $105 ETF.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

What happens AFTER that initial 12 months? Is it another contract or does it go to a month to month?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

After the promo period, goes month to month with increased regular price (+$10 to +$20... no discounts).

If you call and ask to lower the price and agree to the new price this is another 12 month promotion with a renewed $180 Early Term Fee pro rated $15 per month for each month remaining on the new promo.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question