Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Cjck24's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Nov 30, 2017 1:17 AM

Deceptive and fraudulent pricing on new customer orders

I placed an order for new service online, internet and direct TV, $65 a month, rewards card of $150 to been given after 30 days. I spent along time online to order this package and chatting with Rep Audrey, she was fixing the order because the rewards card offer wasn't showing,. I completed the order this morning with a deposit of $100, which would offset my 1st two bills. I later received an email stating my order was pending and I needed to call to complete. I call and a rep that barely speaks English is telling me that there is an additional charge of $10 for Direct Tv tax, I explained that the online rep never explained of an additional charge and no where through the order process does it state this. After going back and forth with the rep, I asked how can I view my order online to complete the payment and view the status, she told me, there was no way to view the order and the additional charge could only be done over the phone. I said no. I then called customer service again and for an hour, I went back and forth with another rep trying to cancel the order completely. First she said there was no order, then her system was running slow, then she stated it couldn't be cancelled because it was in pending status, then she stated it couldn't be cancelled because the order was being reviewed in the back end. Through all of this and several times being put on hold and requesting a supervisor, I was hung up on. I never received confirmation that the order has been cancelled. I had to cancel my bank card, because you guys have all my personal information.and I am not going to be charged for service I don't want. You guys are scammers, I don't care if it was an additional charge of$1.00, I received an order confirmation for a set monthly price and a set deposit to initiate service. You can't just change that and say additional cost is needed , that it's an online system error that it wasn't included, Also how could I not be able to view my order online and make any changes or to pay the additional cost. I completed my order online and should be able to access it that way. How do you expect a new customer to give there personal credit card info to some foreign speaking rep online with out having any confirmation and verification of the reps identity and legitimacy.. Last but not least, how can you not be able to cancel an pending order and keep customers on the phone for an hour making excuses that they are unable to process a cancel request. I am reporting you to the BBB, YOU ARE SCAMMERS AND KNOWINGLY GIVING FRAUDULENTLY CONFIRMATIONS ON INTIAL PAYMENT ORDERS !!! AND TO TOP IT OFF IT'S A HARD HIT ON CREDIT.. IT'S VERY SAD THAT THIS HOW YOU CONDUCT BUSINESS,!!  I was really looking forward to starting service with you.. I will let everyone know of how you guys really are

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

We have a similar issue to the post called "Deceptive and Fraudulent pricing for new customers".  We contacted AT&T via phone to ask about wireless phones and service plans.  The salesperson gave us his best sales pitch and provided me with inaccurate information.   The company I work for had previously tried AT&T but did not go with the service due to poor reception and customer service.  I should have listened.  Instead - I signed up because it was a good deal.  The wireless plan (5 phones and unlimited data) would cost me $75/month less than the current plan so we signed up on a trial basis.  The salesperson I spoke to assured me that we have 30 days to return the phones and cancel service if we didn't get good reception.  We ported 4 of our numbers over to AT&T but the 5th one didn't get ported correctly.  I didn't know of the issue with the 5th port until I tried to cancel service and re-connect with my previous provider.  Anyway, I called AT&T after having the phones in service for about 2 weeks to cancel due to poor reception.  I was told the cancellation policy was 14 days.  I called and was passed from agent to agent to explain my situation.  Nobody cares that we were deceived to make a BIG sale.  Our initial salesperson also told us we could keep or sell our old phones which my kids did.  After attempting to cancel with AT&T we discovered that our old phones could not be sold but had to be returned to AT&T.  So my kids had to buy back their old phones and we sent the new AT&T phones back.  I re-connected with our previous provider.  During the reconnect with the previous provider, they told me one number was never ported correctly - AT&T didn't port the number correctly so one phone was still active with the previous provider.  I then called AT&T to let them know about the port and they blamed the other provider and me.   I followed up with AT&T several times to inquire about the bill and why I owed $377 for 2 weeks of service when I was told we would have minimal charges for trying the phones.  Long story short, I have spent close to 8 hours on hold and/or  on the phone with AT&T attempting to explain the inadequacies and get the bill reduced.  NOBODY at AT&T will give credence to the dishonesty and false advertising/promises made to us.  They want us to pay the $377 for 2 weeks of service.  I too will be contacting the BBB to report AT&T and their poor customer service and false advertising.  

bloomin

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

4 y ago

@LMBLAH

@Cjck24

BOTTOM LINE....NEVER...and I mean never ever trust sales reps on the phone or in person for that matter. The best way to order ANY service with AT&T is to do your shopping on line ONLY at ATT.com (do not use any other secondary distributor sites, ect), whatever shows up online is what the bottom line is and what you will pay and service you will get. NEVER listen to the chat reps either. Many times they either do not know the answers, and will be deceptive to get you to buy the products. 

Summary only use online shopping tools, order on line never listen to any phone or chat reps ever you cannot trust them to provide accurate information. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.