Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
gwen4114's profile

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2023 5:34 PM

BILLING IS DOUBLE WHAT I WAS QUOTED

I had residential service with ATT and 1 G fiber internet.  I was told I could switch to a business account since I work out of my home and it would be half what I was paying for residential plus I would receive a $500 gift card.  I went through total chaos getting my residential switched to business which included two service techs having to come to my house.  Then I got my bill and it is DOUBLE what I was originally quoted for the same internet fiber I had with residential.  I have been on the phone with billing for over an hour with a non-English speaking rep and I asked for a supervisor and was on hold for another 30 minutes and got cut off.  ATT Customer Service (Edited per community guidelines)! And they lie!

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @gwen4114,
We want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message on this. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the forums).

Charlene
AT&T Business Social Media

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

My bill due date is the 1st and the cycle is the 9th to the 8th Here is the details of the plan.

Line 1 - Starter $55 - Paid off, Line 2 - Starter $55 - Contract $4.95/Month, Line 3 - Starter $55 - Contract $16.67/Month

Meaning - overall Line payment - (BILL PRICE INCLUDING ADDONS AND CONTRACT)

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

What kind of plan is that?

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

1 year ago

gwen4114, I tried calling and reached a voicemail. Do you still need assistace with the billing?

Kathy S

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

1 year ago

I am sorry I missed your call. I tried calling.

I am engaging our wireline billing team to look into the  charges.

Kathy S

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I did not get a return call.  I was told the last time I talked with someone, that she could downgrade my internet and it would reduce my charges by $45.  I was not happy with that but guess it's the best you can do and I can't afford these high bills.  she also said she would drop the $171 bill that I was charged for the first month - particularly since I had already paid for internet service through my previous residential account.  She did not do that and it is still showing on my account and will soon show as late.  Again I was lied to.  My business is struggling as it is and that's why I switched to business because I was TOLD my bill would be half the residential.   

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

1 year ago

Gwen, I am sorry I did not leave a voicemail when I called back. I engaged our billing team. Per the team you have the lowest price for the 500. We can offer the 300 MB for $95 and 50MB for $60. 

Kathy S

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hi Gwen, I have not heard back from you. Do you still have questions? Kathy S

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

I'm probably missing something here but it's clear they can't give you the pricing you were lied to about, but why can't you cancel the business fiber and go back to residential fiber?  There's no contract on business so no penalty fee for cancelling although there will probably be some sort of downtime to accomplish the switch.

Seems too simple so hopefully someone can point out why this isn't a good plan.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

tonydi,

I have considered that, but I went through pure h--- when I switched and only because I was told it was cheaper.  It took 14 long and frustrating phone calls and visits from 2 different technicians to my house to switch me over to business.  I hate to think what it will be like to switch back to residential.  I am looking into other providers now.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.