Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
rcriot25's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 10:42 PM

Bandwidth Profile changed on Uverse gateway

I've had the 45Mbps Power Plan for the past 2 years. Sometime yesterday the bandwidth profile provisioned on my Uverse gateway changed from 55Mbps down / 6Mbps up to being: 19Mbps down / 2Mbps up. The account online still shows I have the Power Internet plan 45Mbps down. However, there is a notice saying "your current plan is no longer available." Also, on the change internet plans page it only lists the 12Mbps & the 6Mbps plan. It no longer shows my currently 45Mbps Power plan, the 24Mbps plan, or the 18Mbps plan. When I logged into my gateway, went to the broadband section the bonded profile showed 19Mbps down and 2Mbps up. When running a speedtest I am only getting 13 to 17Mbps download and about 1.7 to 1.9 upload (Yes, wired only directly to the uverse gateway). Talking with support 3 times and they all stated my account is setup with the 45Mbps power plan. They've restarted the modem 3 times and I've manually restarted it.

I think something on the automated provisioning side screwed up the plans offered for my address and also changed the bandwidth profile provisioned on my uverse gateway to the 18Mbps down / 2Mbps up plan.

Anyone else have this issue?

Attached is the screenshot of the broadband section of my AT&T uverse gateway. 

2016-10-12_7-51-44.png

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

yeah definitely something on the backend. you have 62megs available between both pairs, the FEC errors a bit extreme though. i'd have a tech come out and they can get in touch with the right people to have your account fixed.

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

8 years ago

Many questions.... 

Your current max sync available really does not qualify for the 55M profile 45M internet.

Neither line could support a 32M profile by itself (about 38-40 per line).

Or the desired 120% minimum of profile (67-68). 

I suspect this caused the profile change but should have went to bonded 32 for 24M internet if not a bonded 25 for 18M internet.

Another possibility is someone stated they were interested in ordering lower level of service at your address thus profile was lowered.

Would agree, a tech service call is likely the easier way to resolve issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I had a tech come out the other day. He stated something or someone changed the profile on the backend. When talking with the provisioning they stated they couldn't switch it back to the 45Mbps even though it has worked perfectly fine with no loss in speed on the 45Mbps Power plan for the past 2 years. Then they told me they could only boost the download up to 24Mbps but keep the upload at 2Mbps. Which is the stupidest thing and is what I am stuck with as the provisioning stated they couldn't put the 45mbps profile on there even though it works perfectly.

Also, after they left I set the gateway to use only Line 1. It synced using just the single pair on Line 1. Below is the sync rate. I was able to get the 25Mbps down and 2 up synced on a single pair. Speed test ran perfect. If I can get 25Mbps down on a single pair there is no reason why I can't get the 45Mbps profile. I don't know why they change the profile to begin with without my authorization even though the billing was never changed. Also, the plans for my location online changed to only list the 6Mbps, and 18Mbps plans. I was even paying extra for a static IP block and for unlimited data. Now as I can only get 24Mbps there is no point in having the unlimited data addon.

Line State Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 25278
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 2112
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 34892
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 5465
Modulation VDSL2
Data Path Interleaved

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Finally got the below as answer as to who changed the profile provisioned on my Uverse gateway but no answer as to why they are going around changing profiles with No Notification to the customer that their bandwidth profile was changed, No change to the plan on the account, No change made to billing. The plan on the account was never touched or changed until the tech came out and was working with provisioning trying to get them to put the 45Mbps profile back on the Uverse gateway because that is what it showed I had on my account.

I researched further on this issue found the following information:-

• We have a team that proactively looks into existing customer's profile with an aim of correcting the length between your modem and the serving terminal.
  • This corrections are normally done per business rules. 
  • Some customers are able to get higher speeds after the corrections and done while a few get downgraded.
  • Your current distance shows to be almost 4K from the serving terminal and hence unable to use 45 Mbps.
  • The highest speed that you can get at the moment is 18Mbps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Just happened to login to my AT&T account today and checked to see if they still offer the same plans 18Mbps & 6Mbps. However, to my surprise it now shows the Power 45Mbps, 24Mbps, & 6Mbps plans. Not sure why since they previously stated I was too far from the node.. Oh well. Glad I can get it again. 😄

2016-11-08_14-51-03.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.