Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Bob-Bywater's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 16th, 2018 12:42 AM

AT&T SNAP discount scam

AT&T's announced internet discount for SNAP recipients is a misleading promotion since it suggests those who qualify for SNAP can have this discount. How caring of AT&T to offer this discount to people in need? No. 

After a long process on the phone with AT&T representatives I was explained that tho I qualified for this assistance, I had to be denied "ACCESS" because the address where I reside (in the middle of New Orleans) is not already wired for AT&T.  Also only 12 discounts (already taken) were allowed in my "area". Yet the promotion is still aired as a testament to AT&T's caring for the less fortunate.

Shame on you, AT&T!

Shame for offering a no longer available discount to the poor.

Shame for profiting your reputation for caring, while, in actuality, playing the poor.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What does "hardwired" mean?

How does one's dwelling become "hardwired"?

Why is getting my dwelling "hardwired" not available to me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I think the whole program is a sham. I applied and provided a copy of my SNAP card as requested and was turned because they said I was not a part of the Food Assistance / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Program (even though I sent them proof.  They claim to offer this program, but I think AT&T is just trying to make themselves look good by offering this program. They have no intention of actually trying to help people. AT&T is only interested in profits for themselves.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROGRAM IF POSSIBLE THERE ARE MORE COMPANIES THAT OFFER IT AND THAT ARE NOT SCAMMING CUSTOMERS AS ATT IS DOING.  And before someone praises this let it be known ATT will allow you to have access and claim that you have to have basic service to keep the highest internet offer.  Then when you try to tell them that all you are using is the Access service they still claim you have to have at least basic tv service to qualify, continually charge you for a service you have informed them you did not want or need (more or less even use) and then because you do not pay the part they claim you have to have your Access account gets suspended and you are told that to get it back you have to pay for services you did not use and had informed them several times to cancel.  But guess what then conveniently even if you provide them dates or time periods you contacted ATT to cancel the other services you had but were not using and you were billed for even after telling them to cancel the services, there are conveniently no notes they can find where you had requested the additional services be cancelled.  This is a SCAM watch out before they burn you with a $250.00 for services you do not use and informed them when you signed up for Access you did not want, and then all your services are disconnected.  I have filed a complaint with the FTC and other government agencies and would advise others to do so as well because ATT needs to be fined for this sort of unethical and illegal usage of a program that is designed to help people on low or fixed incomes.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It’s legit. I’ve been on the program for almost 3 years. My bill is $11, since. It was above 60$ before I got on the program, and it’s the same internet. So it’s not a scam, it’s actually easier then easy to qualify and have it set up also. But mobile phone bill{Inappropriate content removed}..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.