Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
K

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 8:09 AM

AT&T Internet 25

My significant other and I are moving into a new apartment complex soon. It’s perfectly located so that we can both walk to work, which in LA, is almost unheard of to be honest. We love the place, but now we have found out that the sole provider of Internet is AT&T. Not only that, but there is only a single package available, which is AT&T Internet 25.

In my opinion, this is not even worth the price of $49.99, when Spectrum offers 200Mbps for the same price. I have unlimited data, on my grandfathered Sprint plan, which I intend to use as much as I can. I just do not feel as though the price of $49.99 plus taxes and fees, is worth it for the speed of 25Mbps. I pay less than $60 with taxes and fees on Sprint and I easily achieve 150Mbps average throughput speeds in my area.

Do any of you have this package? Is it good? Do you feel like you’re being ripped off? Please, provide me with any opinions, experiences, complaints, etc. as they are all welcome. Thank you

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 m ago

Spectrum offers 200Mbps for the same price

Then use Spectrum.  Oh, Spectrum isn't offered. At all.  Thus the price at other locations is irrelevant.  Other prices are irrelevant.

There may be other options you haven't considered; there are fixed wireless providers in California that may serve you.  You might consider satellite internet.  

Regarding the value proposition, what do you do that requires more than 25 Mbps?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

1 m ago

If 25mg is what it available then that's what available.

If you can get Spectrum with faster speeds at the same price, why wouldn't you go with them?

Advice from an old sage:

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

1 m ago

Whoops my bad.  I missed the "AT&T sole provider part"

But comment stands....if 25mbps is all that's available, it is what it is.  Either deal with it or move.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

1 m ago

@JefferMC. SPAM?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 m ago

Yes.  Those innocuous looking private IPs are not the URLs behind the link.  I'll toss it.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.