Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 7:14 PM

AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet

I live 0.25 (1/4) miles from cable and Fiber in a newer smaller subdivision. with 9 homes. Our only Internet option is Dish or a weak Cell signal to my WIHP box. Not even DSL from pedestals in the yard??

Download on the WIHP is tolerable (3 on avg) I can live with that but upload is 0.16 Mbps to maybe 0.77 Mbps on a good day.

Multiple inquires and complaints and a rumor that Fixed wireless will be available this month in my area? Zip is 49097 Any Employee able to Help and verify?

I truly am not that rural! Just undeserved.

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

I would inquire with home services technical support to look up your address and see current or future options, they are available at 800. 288. 2020

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.4K Messages

2 months ago

Fixed Wireless was scheduled to reach 1.1 million addresses within 18 states.....

This is basically 220,000 addresses being added each year with 2020 being the last year.

If not available by year end, would be looking at 5G cell tower with future possible of Project Airgig if have poles in your area (not buried services).

The ATT Fixed Wireless is designed to replace legacy DSL (150G data cap) or locations within ATT footprint where hardwired service is not offered. Considering this is about 20% of total addresses or around 15 million, less than 10% of these addresses (1.1 million) will have Fixed Wireless Option... most will be ATT hotspot or your other ISP option.

Note... if your address is covered by a different ILEC telco, ATT Fixed Wireless will not be an option as outside footprint. Frontier has about 5% coverage of that zip code.

For list of ISPs by zip code....

https://broadbandnow.com/Michigan/Vicksburg?zip=49097

INTERNET ACCESS IN VICKSBURG, MICHIGAN

The average download speed in Vicksburg is 82.78 Mbps. This is 74.5% faster than the average in Michigan and 33.0% faster than the national average.

There are 16 internet providers in Vicksburg with 11 of those offering residential service.

Vicksburg is the 244th most connected city in Michigan ahead of Scotts and Mendon, but behind Portage, Kalamazoo, and Schoolcraft.

Residential fiber service is available to 31% of people living in Vicksburg.

Michigan is the 31st most connected state in the U.S.

Approximately 77% of Vicksburg residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.

89.8% of Michiganders have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.

Approximately 2,000 people in Kalamazoo County don't have access to any wired internet.

Almost 91% of consumers in Michigan have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.

The fastest zip code in Vicksburg for January 2020 is 49097. (see all below).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…