Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
J

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 9, 2021 11:07 PM

AT&T Fixed Internet is poor

Initially when we first purchased the service it was good. Speeds much better that ADSL (3mb) and ranged from 12MB to 20MB.  In the last 4 months the service continues to decline - now averaging about 2-3MB at best. Have had AT&T techs out some say it’s heavy foliage, thought sometimes in rare evenings we go back to 12MB speed or higher but only for an hour or so. Other techs have said it’s because AT&T are putting too many folks on same towers and throttling older customers (which is upsetting). Sadly in our rural area internet is limited but since we saw the capabilities initially - likely the latter is true and AT&T are not focusing in on customer issues just grabbing more customers who’ll eventually be in my situation.  Praying we get other ISPs in the area - then I’m done. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

2 m ago

An oversaturated network is the most likely cause. In the last year, more people have resorted to home internet options or even recently changing them with the change in usage. It wouldn't be a matter of throttling, but more people than the infrastructure was built to handle.

Nationwide, internet reach and capability and is getting a hard look at. In my opinion it is time for ISPs to move from increasing the max in select areas, but extend reach and improve existing areas to a sustainable baseline.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.