The best prices for our Military families
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
MEMIN5's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:27 PM

ACCESS FROM ATT

IS ACCESS FROM ATT ENDING SOON? OR IS THIS AN ONGOING PROGRAM FOR LOW-INCOME CUSTOMERS?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

I would state unknown for ongoing...

The ATT ACCESS program was one of the (4) year conditions the government placed for allowing ATT to purchase DirecTV in the summer of 2015. 

The ACCESS program was to run from April 2016 to April 2020.

The Access program was a condition of AT&T’s $67.1 billion acquisition of DirecTV in July 2015. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) required AT&T to offer discounted broadband services for four years after the acquisition. 

Access, which launched in April 2016, offers either 150 gigabytes or 1 terabyte of data per month for $5 to $10 per month.

To qualify, the household must be located in AT&T’s service area and at least one resident of the home must be enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Additionally, you cannot have outstanding debt owed to AT&T for Internet service.

The COVID-19 started in the first quarter of 2020, ATT decided to extend not only the ending date but the requirements of who can qualify and the top speed offered which increased from internet 10 to internet 25 where available. The offer was listed as TEMPORARY meaning there will be an end date that has not been announced. 

I suspect as long as COVID-19 is an ongoing issue the ACCESS program will remain, but I would not expect this to be a forever ongoing program. Will need to look at official announcements as they are made to determine if an end date will be determined.

Access from AT&T:
Our COVID-19 commitment

Now more than ever it’s important to have internet access to stay in touch with family, friends, work, and school. In response to the public health crisis, through 6/30/21, AT&T is temporarily:

• Expanding Access from AT&T eligibility based on income* as well as households participating in National School Lunch and Head Start Programs
  • Waiving home internet data overage fees. (Does not apply to DSL)

*Household income based on 135% or less than federal poverty guidelines. See details

(edited)

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

2 years ago

Ongoing

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was told I qualified for free internet service due to covid. I now pay $10 a month but if I am elgible  please apply the benefits to my account and notify that it has been done. Thanks

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

2 years ago

@russelljo962 access is discounted internet not free its either a 10dollar charge or 5 dollar charge for lower speed, this is a customer populated forum not at&t so no one will apply anything to your  account nor will anyone contact you to confirm

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.