Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get notified about AT&T Fiber
Naterr's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 13, 2020 12:43 AM

5mbps ONLY available in my area

I recently moved to an area where AT&T offers DSL home internet up to 5mbps/1mbps. Is there a performance group member on the forums that I could speak with about possibly upgrading my equipment to handle higher speeds?

I am willing to pay whatever I need, but I need better than that. The latency is not bad (30-50ms) but this 5mbps is killing me.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

Also, I forgot to mention that our "node" or equipment that everything links to is fiber backed, and DSL line to the house. Don't know why AT&T couldn't offer higher speeds.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

It depends on how far you are away from the CO. When we had DSL (ADSL2) we were 3800 copper feet from the CO and got a consistent 18Mbps on a 20Mbps provisioned line. Longer than that and the speeds drop dramatically.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.