Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 12:47 PM

Wiring of AT&T Keptel SNL-4600 Network Interface Device

I am re-wiring my home network cat5e cable and I am not sure of how to make the connection to the AT&T Keptel SNL-4600 Network Interface device located on the outside wall of my garage. Do I simply loosen the two large screws and pull out the existing pairs of solid orange-orange stripe and solid blue-blue stripe wires then insert the new pairs or unstripped wires and tighten the screws or is the process more complicated than that? Thank you for your help.

IMG_1296.JPGAT&T Keptel Network Interface

1 Attachment

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

Your photo is the Network or phone company side of the NID there should also be a customer side with modules you connect to.  The customer side should be labeled on the outside of the NID, you shouldn't access the phone company side. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I have to access the company side of the NID because that is where I have to connect my home cat5e to AT&T's incoming network cable.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

You can't connect to those protectors on the Network side.  Are you saying there is no customer side? There should be line modules on the customer side, if not have the phone company come back and supply your access. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

Only wiring on the owner's side is older cable that is not in use. I want to replace the existing cat5e connected on the company side of the nid with my new and longer cat5e. Don't want to pay a $99 service charge just to have this connection made.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

Well you can't.  What good would it do to replace the Network side, that's the feed from the phone company?   If you're talking about the wiring that goes from the Network side over to the customer module you're not accomplishing much, just put your new cable on the customer module that goes to the Network cable termination.  If you loosen up the protectors to insert your wire many times they can't be redone, they're intended for one time use.  Why do you feel you need to replace the wiring from the network to the module?  You don't connect your wiring directly to the network side, ever! That's why there's two clearly labeled sides to the NID. 

• 

1 Message

a month ago

My network interface box is located in my neighbor’s yard at the bottom of a telephone pole.  There is a 12 foot fence that divides our property. 
Can you tell me how to have the can moved to my side of the fence. Paying for it is no 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.9K Messages

Pictures?

Get started...

Ask a new question