For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Wireless signal drops & internet bandwidth drop
OK. I called tech support few times and am tired of talking to people who has no clue. So far, I have recycled my Gateway everyday at least once or multiple times a day. I was told that I should buy ATT desktop support ($18/month) and they can verify that my PC is not the issue.
I know my laptop is not the issue since I use the same laptop outside the house and have no wireless connection issue.
I work from home and my laptop is in the next room from where the gateway is (there is only interior wall between the two rooms).
Here are my issues:
1. Almost everyday my bandwidth goes from around 10 Mbps(after I recycle the gateway) to around 3 Mbps
2. The wireless signal keep gets dropped
3. Bandwidth drops significantly in the late afternoon and early evening
1. Can I put a better antenna on the gateway (which model)?
2. Should I use different wireless dongle (other than the one ATT provided)?
3. Is there a repeater that I can add to my house to keep the signal strong?