Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 8:34 PM

what if it is someone claiming they work for AT&T but their identification doesn’t state they work for AT&T...

what if it is someone claiming they work for AT&T but their identification doesn’t state they work for AT&T is in my yard?

Are we advised to call the police?

Thx

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

37.9K Messages

2 months ago

Sorry, not enough information to recommend anything. Regardless of who they actually work for, they could legitimately be doing work for ATT.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

@sandblaster But shouldn’t they announce that they’re coming onto my private property. And shouldn’t they have credentials indicating that they are contracted out by AT&T. Especially since my children were playing in the yard that’s enclosed and the is a shelter in place due the Corona Virus in my city.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

37.9K Messages

Perhaps so, I honestly don’t know. Did they do anything other than access whatever ATT equipment is in your yard? I guess the best advice is use your best judgement.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

he walked on my property for 20 minutes with some device or camera painting at my house and at my kids. I called the police and they said I did the right thing. They identified him and had to make some calls to confirm he works for as a contractor for AT&T but didn’t have proper ID. Also AT&T needs to train who they send out during this Shelter In place. The person came right up within 2 feet of my face. There is a Social distance protocol.

Thx for your advice.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

Painting or pointing device?

There is the 811 contractors, those who mark underground buried lines when a request has been submitted to bury wiring. Generally place flags or use paint on the grass to identify line placements.

There is the local contractor who performs the actual burying of the line, would work from the serving terminal to the NID of the residential property burying to.

In areas where direct fiber is being installed, there is the contractor who prepares and installs the fiber either from pole to pole, or boring orange conduit underground might have been doing an inspection before work is scheduled to begin... a crew will follow.

There is the DirecTv contractor who installs satellite dishes, coax that may need to check for proper line of sight with no trees or buildings block the satellite connection. They normal use an app on their smart phone to find the position the satellite connection from the ground.

As the police stopped and identified the person was performing work, you were right to ask.... ATT employees have BLUE badge with picture. Contractors that I have meet have RED badge, that may have been left behind that morning.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

sorry pointing