Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 7, 2020 6:02 PM

What if I don't have a phone jack in my home?

No phone jack in my home, my laptop doesn't have the capability to connect Ethernet either. I just received my modem yesterday and don't want to pay an installation fee. I qualified for the $10.00 Internet 25/5 plan for a reason. Unfortunately I wasn't asked if I had a phone jack or landline.

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

If you have the ACCESS account, there is no $99 installation fee... you will need to call to schedule a tech appointment which will likely be several days out.

Self installs are only supposed to be allowed when the address had previously working service, which means there should be a connection unless removed or covered up.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for your response. I contacted AT&T support, she said it wouldn't cost me anything for a tech to come check things out, however if the tech has to install a jack it would be a $99.00 service fee. I told her to forget it as I was approved for the ACCESS program for a reason and the lady I spoke with initially didn't ask if I had a phone jack in my home. She checked my address and stated I was eligible. I guess I assumed it would be receiving a wireless device. I honestly didn't know if there was a phone jack in my home. Turns out my landlord removed all the phone jacks. I will be calling AT&T again.