Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
R

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 7, 2020 6:38 AM

Trying to get higher speeds at new house

Hello, I am about to move into a house in a nearby town and we are having trouble getting adequate internet speeds. AT&T is the only provider that isn't satellite and unfortunately they can only get us on 12 megabits. My boyfriend and I do a lot of gaming so 12 isn't an option. Our line is a phone line which is why the speed is so awful. Our house is in the front part of a wealthy neighborhood (Our house is average compared to the rest). Our AT&T technician has confirmed that there is fiber 4000 feet away from our house. I have not confirmed if the wealthier houses get better speeds but I would bet that they do. Our house is much older than theirs are, and their houses are about a mile deeper into the neighborhood. The neighborhood off of a road in between two cities, it's sort of semi-rural and there are many houses on the road. Like I mentioned before, there are higher speeds very close by which is what makes this so frustrating.

Is there anything we can do to either replace the line (Which I know is highly unlikely lol) or get higher speeds? I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck here but we've put so much work into the house and we can't live there without internet that works for us. I would assume they will need to replace the line in the near future anyways as it is aging quickly and 12 megabits isn't as good as it used to be. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

No Responses!
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.