Need help connecting your router?
Rswren's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, April 7th, 2018 3:29 AM

Technician Never Showed Up

Let me begin by saying, at this point, if I had ANY other choice for my internet service, even at twice the cost, I would use it. Unfortunately for me, it appears I am at the mercy of AT&T. I signed up online to have internet installed. I was told to be at my home between 12-4 on Friday afternoon, April 6. My husband took half a day off work, and waited 3 and a half hours, patiently and hopefully, for the technician to arrive. At 3:30, I encouraged him to call and check on the technician. After spending approximately 30 minutes on the phone with someone, he was assured we would be contacted by phone about the arrival of the recognition. He was also told, the technician would be anywhere from a few minutes to an hour late. We received no phone call and no one showed up. When 5 o’clock rolled around, I called and spent another hour on the phone, only to be given the promise the technician will show up, and we would receive a phone call. It’s now 6:40...still no call...still no technician. So, we have now waited 6 hours and 40 minutes and spent an hour and a half on the phone. I feel like I’m doing all the work, but I have to pay AT&T. It makes no sense. I asked, at what point do we give up and decide no one is coming. We were told to just wait. Please let me know how this is appropriate. I can honestly say, I have NEVER been so frustrated with the lack of customer service in all my 52 years of living. Clearly, my time is not valued at all.  Update-it’s now 10:30 pm, and we still haven’t heard a word. According to the customer service rep, we should just continue waiting, and he couldn’t give me a time we should give up waiting. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for writing this it happen to me on the same date just 11-1 Pm hour. (saved me writing everything you wrote again) no one shows up , no one calls. when I called at around 6 pm different excuses  and 'we are sorry' every few minuted.called 5 - 6 times last one promised the next day in the morning and she promised she will follow the appointment. will see.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Join the club.  I've been rescheduled 4 times now and there's not anyone that can help. No one cares, they've gotten my phone number wrong sent the technician to my old address and the support people are robots that barely speak English.  Every time I get a date no one shows up, DirecTV showed up without a hitch but for some reason att internet can't do anything right. 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I went to the FCC website and for led a complaint. Perhaps if as many people as possible do that it will send a message. It was easy to do.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

That's what I'll do now. If I could figure out if my directv reciever
would work with a different carrier I'd cancel and go with someone else.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank God, we just found an alternative internet option. However, that won’t stop me from posting in every forum I can about the terrible service I received as a potential customer, and encouraging EVERYONE I can to file a complaint with the FCC. . I would hate to see how customers who are already roped in are treated.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

That's my problem. I'm already roped in and after spending countless hours
and being rescheduled 4 times during my move they haven't offered to
expedite or do anything to help. Not even a % of my bill this month.
Everyone I talk to in tech support is a robot and if you are difficult they
will put you on hold until you or they hang up. Like a duel of sorts. I
have been told numerous times that there's nothing they can do... how about
rescheduling someone else who hasn't been rescheduled? There's no
corporate number to call, supervisors won't do anything. Even the tech guy
who got sent to the wrong address said he couldn't come to my new address
cause of the work order LOL non English speaking people verify your phone
number 4x and get it wrong... when that happens they don't even show up.
I've been passed around and treated like garbage for days, I just moved
into a 2 story house and the hardest part about my move is getting att to
switch my internet over. Oh, and apparently att TV and internet are 2
different installs you have to schedule in case anyone is reading this and
you don't know that cause they don't tell you on the phone when you call to
move. The directv guy said the line was already ran for my internet and my
modem is connected there's just no internet to the box LOL oh and another
thing make sure the last people that lived there before you cancelled their
service or that'll be another hoop to jump through, had to have my
landlord call and verify I actually lived here to have my service switched
over. NIGHTMAREEE!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

......as the saga continues, no one showed up again and no of course - phone call. I call AT&T and get someone in the Philippine 'again' who says sorry for the ### time and 'drum roll' schedule me for a new date. Than comes out the same routine script  - "I'll will follow it personally and make sure the Tech will be at your place a that time". Of course, of course !!! I asked than what was the top limit number of Tech's not showing up and AT&T  rescheduling a new dates?, when do they give up and stop wasting everybody's time? There was No response .  Hello lucky me #4 here we go. My Boss encouraged me to come with a better original excuse or I can stay home till I do, lucky he understands.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Sounds about right. Nothing you can do about it except accept that it's
basically your fault for trusting a company that basically won't even pay
to have native English speaking to help you and understand besides when you
you're in you're on your own. No one from their company is looking at these
forums or cares at all really. They rescheduled me for the 4x for Tuesday
4.10 and if something goes wrong then I'm destroying my equipment and I'll
go with the local cable provider. Their menus and service are outdated
but they fix stuff when there's a problem I guarantee it. Att won't see
another dime from me I promise that

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I give up, I finally figured the game. Why you AT&T are using and employing thousand's to people to answer and waste our time and energy, not including all those around the globe. I am totally exhausted from dealing with you, and that is before even having any service at all with you. If that is how it works I surrender-YOU WON.  Goodbye AT&T I'll let everyone know  that you did it again, I guess persistence pays......and many years of perfecting this method guarantee 100% success. Thank you for those many confirmations you have sends ( after all they actually mean nothing) Good Luck in the future with all the new hopeful and excited guinea pigs. 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Oh, but wait. If you have or make a twitter account and look for #ATTCares, they “promise” to help you because they don’t want you to “feel lied to.”

Remember to file an online FCC complaint!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.